Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Removing TM on a 6L80E - helpful, hurtful or hard to say? (the answers are inside)

Tuner in Training
    Will do

2008 6.2/6L80e swap

Advanced Tuner
    I dont mean to thread jack, but since we're talking tm on 6l80e's...i recently took out some tm, about 50% on my '10 silverado, in the adder modifier table. When I initially removed it, the shifts were quick and firm. After driving it a few hundred miles, the shifts are stil quick, but they've softened up quite a bit. Is this due to the trans adapts? Could I safely take out more now? All other shift tables are stock with the exception of speed and rpm.

Senior Tuner
    adaptives kicking in
    The most hated, make the most power.
    93 Ranger. 5.3 D1X. 1069hp.

Advanced Tuner
    Which is what I figured. But my question still stand. Should I take a little more tm out to get back to he way I liked it?

Advanced Tuner
    Make the shifts for the gears you want a tad quicker, that should do what you want while keeping the same amount of TM you have now. you can do it globally using the base shif times, for the shifts you want, like 1-2, 2-3 or do it through the torque adders, the last is my preferred option as i like my car to shift more or less like stock, and speed the shift up at higher requested torque.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bluegoat06 View Post
    Make the shifts for the gears you want a tad quicker, that should do what you want while keeping the same amount of TM you have now. you can do it globally using the base shif times, for the shifts you want, like 1-2, 2-3 or do it through the torque adders, the last is my preferred option as i like my car to shift more or less like stock, and speed the shift up at higher requested torque.
    If I can safely acheive the same result using less tm, id like to do that for the increase in power, allbeit small.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet6.0 View Post
    If I can safely acheive the same result using less tm, id like to do that for the increase in power, allbeit small.
    The shift times need lowered. The adaptives will continue to pull line pressure in an attemp to meet the desired shift time. Removing more TM will only worsen the problem.
    11.49 @ 118 1.49 60' Bolt on 2010 IOM Camaro

www.6l80etuning.com 6L80/90 Tuning

very interesting,,
    if TM only pulls engine timing,, will this respectively reduce commanded shift pressure?
    pulling timing will reduce engine torque which is what shifting pressure is based on,,

given that my car is doing 650rwhp abd 700rwtq (i believe tq. matters here more than hp),, and my 6L90 is built using alto reds only for 3-5-R and 4-5-6,, what TM, shift pressure,, inertia,, and shift time you guys suggest?

Potential Tuner
    Hello, I am new to tuning and I have installed a L78/6l80 out of a 2009 G8 GT into a 1966 nova. The only tuning that I have done is remove VATS and turned off DOD. The cars runs and shifts fine as long as you drive it normal. My problem is under power it will not up shift until you let off of the throttle! Any suggestions how to setup the TCM would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Carl

Carl,
    I would take a look at your Shift Speed VS. TPS VS. Shift table to see where your tps correlates with shift speed. It sounds to me that your speed vs tps is pretty high, and then when you let off the pedal, the speed value is finally satisfied with a lower tps and finally shifts. Could be wrong though, but its a start.