Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Zeitronix WB Settings in v1.5

Re: Zeitronix WB Settings in v1.5

I will try your formula and see how it works Blown. If it works better then what I am using now I am all for it.

Tuner in Training

So did you guys ever get the Zeitronix unit to work as well as other widebands with HPTuners? I need a unit that can log AFR/RPM without HPTuners for non-computer controlled vehicles, so it is either this or the LM-1, which is a lot more money. If the Zeitronix works just as well, I'm all for it. Let me know what you think I should do. Thanks!

Tuner

Did you read the preceding 7 pages of this post?

It works... there are several of us using it. Read back, really only the last two pages are necessary reading.

Nick Steffens&&2002 Z06&&

Tuner in Training

Yeah I read the previous pages, but it seems that you are the only one getting it to work. Will this work as well as other widebands using your formula? Can others confirm this?

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by matts_222
    I need a unit that can log AFR/RPM without HPTuners for non-computer controlled vehicles
    Just about every wideband out there can log AFR/RPM without HPTuners.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner

Just giving you a hard time...

I forwarded the fomula to Zeitronix and you saw what they said about it.

One thing to discuss here.

With the other brands, in some cases even the same sensors are used. In every case I don't think the sensors are linear. So I think that saying one is "more accurate" than another is not quite right. The other companies are taking their input in a making a linear output from it, so the reason everyone thinks they are more accurate is just the non-linear to linear conversion is being done in their box.

I will say that at idle with a commanded AFR of 14.68, mine still reads about 14.3, something that I knew was happening.

Good Luck

Advanced Tuner

Yeah I read the previous pages, but it seems that you are the only one getting it to work. Will this work as well as other widebands using your formula? Can others confirm this?
    The following widebands are predefined in HPTuners.

LM1
    TE 2A0
    PLX
    Autronic MAFM1
    AEM
    DynoJet (wideband commander)
    FJO

As far as I know, there have not been any reports of problems with these widebands.

I used 3 of the "working" formulas in this thread for the Zeitronix and the closest I could get was about +/-0.2 AFR (and this makes a difference to me). So in my opinion, we still don't have a 100% accurate formula for the Zeitronix.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Tuner in Training

Thanks this is what I wanted to hear. I will check into those widebands (I already have checked out most of them). I would like to be able to buy a cheap wideband without a display since I use a laptop that can still log (like the Innovate LC-1 that is coming out, except that it can't log, or the PLX 250). It seems like Zeitronix is the only company that realizes that not everyone that wants to log AFR/RPM needs a display. So all other widebands are expensive. I look forward to hearing more about this wideband. Meanwhile, I'll check out the others. I probably won't buy HPTuners until this summer, since I can't use it until then (when is 2.0 coming out?) So I've got until then to decide. Thanks again.

Tuner

Thanks this is what I wanted to hear. I will check into those widebands (I already have checked out most of them). I would like to be able to buy a cheap wideband without a display since I use a laptop that can still log (like the Innovate LC-1 that is coming out, except that it can't log, or the PLX 250). It seems like Zeitronix is the only company that realizes that not everyone that wants to log AFR/RPM needs a display. So all other widebands are expensive. I look forward to hearing more about this wideband. Meanwhile, I'll check out the others. I probably won't buy HPTuners until this summer, since I can't use it until then (when is 2.0 coming out?) So I've got until then to decide. Thanks again.

One additional thing to consider with the Zeitronix software is that you can also log boost, TPS, EGT and one other input of 0-5V (fuel pressure for example). The software is great and I have used to tune my car to 575 RWHP with it and LS1 EDIT. I can tell you that the HP tuners software is light years beyond that.. with the HP Tuners you can also log fuel presure, MAP, etc. Really anything you can imagine.

If you have additional question you can emaiil me at [email protected]. I don't have any afiliation with Zeitronix, I have bought 2 units from them... and I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Blown - I tried your formula and did some observations. It appears for "my" car, it isn't as accurate as my formula is. With each AFR on my formula it is within +/- .1 on average, when using yours, I get anywhere from +/- .3. Just a little feedback. I think I will stick with the formula I made. It appears to be more accurate.

It works. 2000Firehawk and myself are using the same formula and it is accurate to within +/- .1 I tried Blowns and it doesn't appear to be as close. Feel free to try both and see which one suits you better. I do all my tuning in open loop and command the afr I want. Then average it out and compare it to the actual AFR from Zeitronix to HPT. Seems the formula I have works on two different cars. I don't know of a forumla that has been posted that works on two different cars. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Chicken

The following widebands are predefined in HPTuners.

LM1
    TE 2A0
    PLX
    Autronic MAFM1
    AEM
    DynoJet (wideband commander)
    FJO

As far as I know, there have not been any reports of problems with these widebands.

I used 3 of the "working" formulas in this thread for the Zeitronix and the closest I could get was about +/-0.2 AFR (and this makes a difference to me). So in my opinion, we still don't have a 100% accurate formula for the Zeitronix.
    Can you send me some of your log files so I can take a look at how they are working for you? I am curious to see what you come up with.