Thread: Hard Code-CKP Variation Not Learned

Potential Tuner

Hard Code-CKP Variation Not Learned

Hey guys...I am new to this site, joined mainly to help get my question answered! I drive a 1999 2.4L Cavalier and my friend replaced the ECU in it a little over two years ago. Since then, my engine light has been on for "CKP (crankshaft position) variation not learned". We took the ECU back to where we got it from and explained to them what was going on and they told us that they couldn't fix that, we'd have to take it to a dealership. Although that code is on, my car runs perfectly fine...apparently, as I've been told, it shouldn't be. The dealership said they could fix the problem for me for around $135. A friend of mine has the HP tuning software and I was wondering if it could perform the relearn procedure for my car in particular? Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Yes HPT can do the Case learn for your car.
    I believe as long as he has the credits for your make & model.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Advanced Tuner
    case learn is a scanner function not editor so no credits necessary just needs to be a supported vehicle

tell him to go to vcm scanner>vcm controls> special> case learn

it doesnt tell you in any way if the case learn was successful vbut hopefully your ses light will go out
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)