Thread: cable stolen

Tuner in Training

cable stolen

bill what do i need to do went to houston this weekend and they stole my truck and my tuning cable was inside

Tuner in Training
    i just want to know if all the tunes i have done will go on the new cable

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    so i have lost everything and will have to buy new credits for all the cars and trucks i tuned

Advanced Tuner
    did they steal your laptop too ? without an application key its no good to them , right ??
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
    did they steal your laptop too ? without an application key its no good to them , right ??
    Its not quite that simple, unfortunately whether we like to admit or not there is such a thing as fraud out there. Person could buy an interface and 5k in credits then say it was stolen(but give it to their buddy) and then want a new interface at pretty much no cost to them, not going to happen. Sorry but we've had discussions on this, its like having any other item stolen, go through your insurance, get your money back and repurchase, we simply cannot give away our product in these cases.

Perfect example, had a customer contact us last week reported his interface stolen, amazingly turned up today in one of his customers vehicles, now If we had sent an interface with the same amount of credits on it(lets say $5000 worth) and only charged him $500 or $650 and this cable magically turned up are we supposed to hope and pray they send the old one back that is still active and useable? Even if 9 out of 10 would we still loose $5000 worth of product essentially since we don't have some hptuners satellite dish that can zap an interface from 1000 miles away lol. Sorry but just get your interface insured so this doesn't happen.

Thanks,
    Bill
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 03-21-2011 at 04:12 PM.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"