Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: LNF New Parameters

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin85 View Post
    That file is for 09+? Where did you find it?
    Tune repository, it's listed as a 2008 Sky RL. I really doubt I'll have a problem using 5954, but I'd prefer to stick to the right one so something silly/stupid doesn't catch me in the future and waste my credits.

Model Year Vehicle Model Engine (L) Calibration P/N
    2007 Pontiac Solstice / Sky, automatic transmission 2.0 12625958
    2007 Pontiac Solstice / Sky, manual transmission 2.0 12625959
    2008 Pontiac Solstice / Sky, automatic transmission, 2.0 12625952
    without electronic vacuum pump for brake-assist
    2008 Pontiac Solstice / Sky, manual transmission, 2.0 12625954
    without electronic vacuum pump for brake-assist
    2008 Pontiac Solstice / Sky, automatic transmission, 2.0 12625951
    with electronic vacuum pump for brake-assist
    2008 Pontiac Solstice / Sky, manual transmission, 2.0 12625953
    with electronic vacuum pump for brake-assist
    2008 Chevrolet HHR, automatic transmission 2.0 12625956
    2008 Chevrolet HHR, manual transmission 2.0 12625957
    Edit: flashing 12625954 with stock TMAP settings in right now
    Last edited by fr0stb1t3; 04-08-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Ok, so we do NOT need the TMAP sensors for the GMPP Stage 1 tune anymore. With the tables available to us we can swap in the GMS1 tune without any physical work.
    Last edited by fr0stb1t3; 04-08-2011 at 11:28 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    That's the 08 without brake assist gmpp number... I don't have the vac assist tune, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
    That's the 08 without brake assist gmpp number... I don't have the vac assist tune, sorry.
    Yeah, I did it with the one without brake assist anyways. Works fine Coppied the stock MAP and Boost sensor tables over the GMS1's and no problems reading boost etc.

Basically starting my tune all over again though. My old DAL's were maxed out just to get above 20psi, now I'm boosting 21psi with almost nothing. Yay for starting over.

NLS is fun though. Traction is iffy on the 2-3 already.

Tuner
    First, you are right shair the whole community will learn!!

1. This above post is new to me Low End TQ is key to moving any car or in
    my case the 2008 TBSS" turbo very soon small 60's or 70's w/E-85 tune".
    2. All of this tuning is like overclocking a computer. It took me 1-2 years to do that !! Now if my gaming computer gives me a bad post I know what the numbers mean.
    3. My E-67 pcm crashed but, I just learned to flash it the correct way Proof I can drive my 2008 TBSS again
    4. Man the E-85 tune is hot Members are blowing the forum up WoW
    5.The data logging has helped me the most so far. So from my own data logging I am starting to learning what many member are talking about on this posting.

Thanks,
    Mr. 2008 SS

Advanced Tuner
    Happen to see a couple dyno charts posted, I'm wondering if these dips at right before 3k and right before 4k are from the timing drop I'm talking about. It's hard to find dyno charts where they've started below 3k. I guess people don't realize where 90% of your driving rpm's are if you drive on the street, which 90% of these cars are. One of the vendors, who shall remain nameless, posts charts that START at 5000 RPM!!! I don't think I'd be too proud of a powerband that's only 2000 rpm wide.

Anyway, Chris or Bill, have you guys had a chance to look at any of this? Are there any others out there that have experimented with the new Load Damping tables? Results?

This one shows a flat spot right were the timing drops, torque should be climbing there, not going flat or dropping...

This one show a torque flat spot right before 4k, where it will also get a timing drop...

Obviously we're not looking at these tunes or logs, so these flat spots could also be caused by uneven boost control, but I've seen many charts that have these similar flat spots or drops at the same rpm's. I know from tons of logging on many cars that the timing does dump at those spots. These motors ARE capable of good torque below 3k rpm, and unless your car is a dedicated track car, that's where you need it.

i'm looking at it, with limited PIDs available for logging and limited abilities to log memory addresses it's hard to know if its the 255% limit or something else. Experience tells me it looks like a driver demand torque ramping limit, i have a few more tables to add and hopefully that fixes it.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Happen to see a couple dyno charts posted, I'm wondering if these dips at right before 3k and right before 4k are from the timing drop I'm talking about. It's hard to find dyno charts where they've started below 3k. I guess people don't realize where 90% of your driving rpm's are if you drive on the street, which 90% of these cars are. One of the vendors, who shall remain nameless, posts charts that START at 5000 RPM!!! I don't think I'd be too proud of a powerband that's only 2000 rpm wide.

Anyway, Chris or Bill, have you guys had a chance to look at any of this? Are there any others out there that have experimented with the new Load Damping tables? Results?

This one shows a flat spot right were the timing drops, torque should be climbing there, not going flat or dropping...

This one show a torque flat spot right before 4k, where it will also get a timing drop...

Obviously we're not looking at these tunes or logs, so these flat spots could also be caused by uneven boost control, but I've seen many charts that have these similar flat spots or drops at the same rpm's. I know from tons of logging on many cars that the timing does dump at those spots. These motors ARE capable of good torque below 3k rpm, and unless your car is a dedicated track car, that's where you need it.

My car doesn't usually drop below more than 18* when I'm commanding 20* at the beginning of a pull but it's definitely there. I'm sure its exacerbated for those with modifications as my car is tune/MAP upgrades only.

The sheet I'm posting was started just after 3k but on my other graphs that were started at just under 3k, same deal, no dip:

[/

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Are there any others out there that have experimented with the new Load Damping tables? Results?
    I have completely disabled the supporting tables and am using the master disable for the torque damping tables and have noticed that my throttle response under 50% is much, much more improved but still not quite what I'm after. WOT still shows a delay but I don't remember how much, don't have my tuning laptop with me at the moment.
    Last edited by T-Man; 04-09-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    i'm looking at it, with limited PIDs available for logging and limited abilities to log memory addresses it's hard to know if its the 255% limit or something else. Experience tells me it looks like a driver demand torque ramping limit, i have a few more tables to add and hopefully that fixes it.

Chris...
    That's awesome Chris, thanks for keeping on it for us! I have faith you'll figure it out.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
    If they can bore it out and add a larger displacement piston to the HPFP and slightly enlarge the inlet and outlet on the pump it should help. Just opening the inlet and outlet will result in decreased fuel velocity which will result in low rail pressure and slow pump response because the pump is fixed displacement and will move only a certain amount of fuel per min no matter how big the inlet and outlet are.
    Yea there are a few diesel performance shops nearby... I will have to get back to you on that. Also wasn't one of the problems the cavitation due to the fact that the inlets are too small. I could be thinking of something else. But what if only the inlet was enlarged and the outlet was left basically the same... more fuel could easily flow in... thereby reducing cavitation and maybe aiding in stable pressures when they are needed in the midrange??? I honestly don't know I'm just throwing it out there.

Broke... I would get your injectors but I really need a whole set to test it out lol
    Last edited by Ryridesmotox; 04-10-2011 at 12:47 AM.

I HAVE A WHOLE SET OF INJECTORS LOL.. and lnf head ha ha ha
    2009 chevy cobalt ss turd. to many mods to list and to many problems to fix...... errr previous owner

Advanced Tuner
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 04-10-2011 at 12:31 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    I have completely disabled the supporting tables and am using the master disable for the torque damping tables and have noticed that my throttle response under 50% is much, much more improved but still not quite what I'm after. WOT still shows a delay but I don't remember how much, don't have my tuning laptop with me at the moment.
    I disabled the load damping and set the load damping etc limit to 100 in all cells for the hell of it and im still getting that delay between 50-100%.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    I disabled the load damping and set the load damping etc limit to 100 in all cells for the hell of it and im still getting that delay between 50-100%.

That's good to know, at least it's not just me or my particular OS.

Hey Shabby, wasn't I supposed to send you some DashDaq skins? Oops. Sorry, I forgot. I'll see if I can find them.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post

Chris...
    Thank you for all of your time you've provided to us on everything, Chris.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    Any improvement under 50%? Not sure that you would because of how different the kappa and delta tables were originally configured. Have you seen how they had the deltas setup?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Any improvement under 50%?
    Hard to say since i made some cam timing adjustments at the same time.
    Ya i noticed the cobalts have totally different settings in the load damping section, if only we knew what they meant.

Hey guys, what exactly does the prop, integral and deriv gain mean? Like if you lower or raise the number, what does it do? I dont quite understand it.
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq

Tuner in Training
    P.I.D. feedback control can be a very complicated subject, but the overall objective is to make the actual output follow as closely as possible to the desired output. Each of the three terms corrects the input (wastgate solenoid) in a different way based on the error between the actual and desired output (boost pressure). You will have to do some research to better understand how it works and the effects that each term have on the input device (wastegate solenoid).

Just to relate this to something that might be more familiar... some other popular P.I.D. control algorithms used on cars are for the idle speed (rpm signal is the feedback device and the IAC motor and spark advance are the inputs), lambda control (O2 sensor is the feedback device and the fuel trims are the inputs), and cruise control (speed is the feedback device and throttle position is the input).

Thanks, Ill look a lil more into it!

Im just trying to get my car to hold 95% DC, it drops to like 75% AT LIKE 4-5k. I switched those tables over to GMS1, and tweaked a few things, so I hope that helps a lil. Should I raise the fuel pressure a bit, would that help hold it?
    09 Cobalt SS - 313hp 390tq