Thread: 1 Bar vs. 2 Bar vs. 3 Bar licensing.

Tuner in Training

1 Bar vs. 2 Bar vs. 3 Bar licensing.

In VCM Editor Under Edit -> Operating System there are 3 options. They are "2 Bar MAP - Speed Density", "3 Bar MAP - Speed Density" and "1 Bar MAP - Speed Density Enhanced." I keep reading about the 2 Bar MAP setup, but what are the details on licensing the other two? I know 3 Bar isn't available yet... is the 1 Bar? Will the Speed-Density enhanced package include 1, 2 and 3 bar licenses, or does it cost $299 per MAP Sensor Type? What does using the "1 Bar MAP - Speed Density Enhanced" provide over the way we are currently doing it? Will it get rid of the DTC's so that the car would pass a plug in emissions test?

Tuner

Re: 1 Bar vs. 2 Bar vs. 3 Bar licensing.

You are already using a 1 BAR MAP.. so you have that... FREE!!!!

The 2 BAR is available and is an additional fee.

The 3 BAR is going to be available with version 2.0 I think is what I heard.
    Nick Steffens&&2002 Z06&&

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNZ06
    You are already using a 1 BAR MAP.. so you have that... FREE!!!!
    I know, I currently am running a Mafless tune... but if you look under Under Edit -> Operating System you see an option for 1 Bar MAP - Speed Density Enhanced. With the button next to it saying that I do not have the licensing for that feature. My question is, what does that button actually accomplish beyond what I have already done? Plus, what are the details for this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by BLOWNZ06
    The 2 BAR is available and is an additional fee.

The 3 BAR is going to be available with version 2.0 I think is what I heard.
    Hypothetically speaking, if I spent the $299 on the 2 Bar MAP setup... then want to upgrade to the 3 Bar once 2.0 comes out... will that $299 licensing be valid for use with the 3 bar setup... or will there be ANOTHER licensing fee for the 3 bar. I'm sorry if I am wording this poorly, but your response totally missed the point of my question... I've been searching for a better explanation of how this licensing will work out (since there is only the price for one of the 3 options so far). But I have not been able to find it anywhere.

All valid questions. Just shows how inadequate the documentation is.

How about show help here Keith????
    02 Camaro Vert SS

the documentation on 3bar and SD Enhanced has nothing there due to the fact that they are not released yet and subject to change.

2bar licenses are not transferrable to 3bar when released. You will have to pay the license for 3bar.

SD Enhanced adds a couple of things, one is dual spark table support when in SD and the other is a secret for now.... also the SD Enhanced price will be lower than 2/3bar due to less features.

Chris...

I count sheep in hex...