Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: LNF TUNERS: Learn, share and make hp HERE!

Thanks! I'll take a look at those.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenroastedlnf View Post
    From my understanding you want less overlap during WOT, correct? So that would mean you want the number to be positive?

And now I am a little confused after reading, but do we add the 6 to the exhaust cam or subtract it? I read two different things on that and now I'm not sure which I do.
    Dont waste your time on any WOT cam tuning. I have tried a hundred different values and combinations and never improved my 4.3 second 60-100 time (4.6 seconds in 80* humid temps).

Ok, good to know! Just flashed my new tables last night. Trying to see if my mpg's go up at all. So far the car says its about 2 mpg's lower, but I never follow what that says anyways lol

It did however bring my ltft from +5% to +/- .8. Don't know how that happened though?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ovenroastedlnf View Post
    Ok, good to know! Just flashed my new tables last night. Trying to see if my mpg's go up at all. So far the car says its about 2 mpg's lower, but I never follow what that says anyways lol

It did however bring my ltft from +5% to +/- .8. Don't know how that happened though?
    If you adjust the part throttle cam angles just the right amount on both the intake and exhaust side you can actually add 2-3 MPG especially if driven with a light foot of course. Do not advance the intake and exhaust too far in the lower loads or in the high loads at all as it will cause a drop in fuel efficiency and a delay in response from the turbo (acts more like a naturally aspirated motor which is not good on a 2.0L engine IMHO) in my experience.

Tuner in Training
    quick question. Is LNF based on cobalt ss bosch e69 ecm same as 10-11 camaro?

Didn't know the Camaro used the E69. Good question but you should post it in a new thread.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Tuner in Training
    I have a lot of reading to do. Any advice would be helpful.
    Novice car guy with a 2009 Cobalt SS Turbocharged fully bolted with big wheel turbo upgrade aka K04+

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38357

this link will direct you to a lot of useful information... If you have any specific questions dont be afraid to ask in those threads or starting new threads!

Advanced Tuner
    Added a few more good LNF links to the second post in this thread. It looks like a lot of guys are still finding this and looking for more info. I kind of neglected it but I'm trying to make up for it in other threads!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Added a few more good LNF links to the second post in this thread. It looks like a lot of guys are still finding this and looking for more info. I kind of neglected it but I'm trying to make up for it in other threads!
    Thanks for the update! I'm new to tuning so anything I can find helps greatly!

Advanced Tuner
    So, guys, anyone still working on these things? I would like to bring this back to the top. I know Codename Bill and Mike M are still working on these things. I would like to be in the know and in the testing phase as well.

All info for tuning available. Search gmtech's threads, cobaltssoverbooster's bible thread links, LNF PID's, Optimum Torque, Optimum Spark. It's all there for you to tune stock or aftermarket turbos.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah, I have all that down, just looking for more things that need help being developed. Been a while since I was in the LNF but I was one of the original ones with GMT, IAB, CSSOB, and BYT. Just trying to see what else I can help with. Seems like we've come down to the bottom of the barrel with the unlocked tables, with the exception of maybe getting dyno proven results with cam tables and stuff like that, am I right?

I did a write-up on race cam timing and some better tables. I used back-to-back testing on a closed course for actual numbers instead of just dyno numbers. Your biggest gains will be in freeway cruise range where the factory cams use a lot of overlap for better mileage.