Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: LNF TUNERS: Learn, share and make hp HERE!

I'll see if I can get a good test in this afternoon

I think I'm going to take a break and see what happens here for a while.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Try using a regular 09 file with the Map values changed to GMS1 values and see if it controls boost for you (new tables are nice )
    I'm going to try this and I will report back. I'll finally have my regular VIN back
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    you could actually make a histogram that would do this for you. lets see. yes the value in the equation would be, [current injector constant]*[SENS.114]. Then you'd just log that into one cell and paste special add to the injector constant and that should work (unless your injector constant is more than one cell, then you would recreate the table). If I was to do this I would get the car tuned perfectly with normal gas and then put in a tank of e85 and run this histogram.
    Worked out perfect for me Leafy. LTFT settled in between -0.8 for morning temps and 0.0 for afternoon temps.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Man View Post
    Worked out perfect for me Leafy. LTFT settled in between -0.8 for morning temps and 0.0 for afternoon temps.
    This also worked for Sundevil. He has been tuning all day, I have like 200 texts from him just from today. haha

He is trying to settle his STFT's still.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by HNRClothing View Post
    This also worked for Sundevil. He has been tuning all day, I have like 200 texts from him just from today. haha

He is trying to settle his STFT's still.
    So... much.... tuning!!!!

Advanced Tuner
    I'm going to try this and I will report back. I'll finally have my regular VIN back
    Moved everything over to my "stock tune" file and did a write entire. Now my boost gauge no longer sits at zero with the key in the acc-pwr on position but a few ticks below. While comparing my stock file to the GMPP file, it still shows my MAP Sensor Linear as being different even though its not....

Maybe I'll try this again after the next BETA is released...

Advanced Tuner
    I'm glad I could help. I'm all for the further development of this engine, mostly as a pride thing against the imports.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Tuner in Training
    Moved everything over to my "stock tune" file and did a write entire. Now my boost gauge no longer sits at zero with the key in the acc-pwr on position but a few ticks below. While comparing my stock file to the GMPP file, it still shows my MAP Sensor Linear as being different even though its not....

Maybe I'll try this again after the next BETA is released...
    Bummer man, but thank you for the tip on inj constant its working very well, getting the trims dialed in and having fun with timing much better than the straight 91 we have out here no mo KNOCK!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sundevil07 View Post
    Bummer man, but thank you for the tip on inj constant its working very well, getting the trims dialed in and having fun with timing much better than the straight 91 we have out here no mo KNOCK!
    It's all good. I'm sure there are other beneficial files in the GMS1 OS that we don't yet have access to (I'm probably lieing to myself ) and will just write-entire back.

Hey no problem. Just passing on what was shared with me. Yea, enjoy the E for sure. Just be careful and take your time. You'll have your clutch crying in no time!

Advanced Tuner
    Try using a regular 09 file with the Map values changed to GMS1 values and see if it controls boost for you (new tables are nice )
    Good idea.

As per Chris:

NOTE!!!!

The Fuel Pressure Tables have the RPM and Engine Torque Axis' Flipped!!

Advanced Tuner
    As per Chris:

NOTE!!!!

The Fuel Pressure Tables have the RPM and Engine Torque Axis' Flipped!!
    I was flipping them in my head the whole time so they actually made sense.

wonder what the point is to these changes between 2009 gmpp and 2010 gmpp? wouldn't all the fuel injection parts be the same for all the cobalt tc's? the stock 09 and 09 gmpp have no differences
    '09 cobalt ss. hahn intercooler, intake, cp,catless downpipe, ottp stage 2 mounts, hptuners, gmpp 3bar tmap sensors, hybrid hp tuned

Cam tables are different on the '10's also. Might be for emissions?
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys, I just posted this on the Solstice forum in response to yet another question about modding the LNF's. Thought it might be good info here that we can build on if it makes any sense. If it's not cool to mention that other tuner's name I can delete it.?
    Here it is...

This question about the gms1 tune vs. aftermarket comes up often, I have an analogy or numbering idea that might help clear this up a little...

0 through 10, 10 being as much power as an LNF can put out, 0 being a bone stock NA 2.4L.

Bone stock 2.4L------ 0
    Bone stock 2.0L------ 2
    2.0L w/gms1------ 3
    W/gms1 and HPT or
    Trifecta tune on top------ 5
    HPT or Trifecta tune only------ 4
    Gms1+HPT or Trifecta+E47------- 6+
    Gms1+HPT or Tri+E47+bigger turbo------- 8

Sides...

Intake------ .1 Sound mostly
    Cat Back------ .2 Sound mostly
    Hi Flow Cat------ .6 More sound but also power
    Bigger IC------ .6 If you have supporting mods
    Charge tubes------ .2 If you have supporting mods
    E47 (50% E85+ 50% 91octane)------ 1.5-2.0 Depending on tune and mods
    Little bit bigger turbo or wheel kit------ 1-2
    Big or well matched turbo----- 2-4
    Internal engine work (head work,
    valve springs, pistons, rods, neutral
    balance shafts, etc.)------ 1-3 Mostly for safety but valve springs are a must if going bigger on boost
    or rpm's. IMHO pistons also.
    Meth------ 1? Safety for higher boost on 91oct
    Porting throttle body----- .1
    LE5 throttle body----- .5 With higher flow mods (turbo, etc)

Obviously these numbers can be argued to death, don't take this as gospel. If anyone sees something that looks obviously wrong or doesn't add up, let me know and I'll edit it. Or if I forgot some mods. Also, of course the numbers won't exactly add up, because guess what, they don't in real life either! Put on the wrong bolt-ons or do the wrong tuning and you may loose power.
    Hopefully the formatting of this posts OK.
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 04-05-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    With regard to the Delta and the terrible intake design, unlike the HHR and Kappa platform, the intake tube itself leaves a lot to be desired and definitely is almost as important as a down pipe.

* disregard
    Last edited by pantherqs; 04-02-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I just installed the GMS1 OS on my 09 cobalt (with stock map sensors) and changed the linear slope and offset to match the stock sensors. The boost gauge was reading 2 psi with the key in the run position, but engine off. I took it for a quick spin and saw about 1 or 2 more psi at peak boost since I didn't raise the DAL (from 245ish). However, the LTFT, STFT, and KR were not logging. Sure enough, two starts later I got a code P0107 (MAP sensor range low). I don't know if it was a coincodence or not since I have popped a MAP sensor before. Either way, the available MAP sensor slope and offset in HPT are not enough to properly adjust for different MAP sensors. There must be more that needs to be changed.
    2008 Saturn Sky Redline
    Best 1/4: [email protected]

2009 Cobalt SS/TC Sedan
    Best 1/4: 13.27@105

Both HP tuned and all else stock.

Are both stock sensors on the Balts MAP sensors as they are when you upgrade the sensors? I have a 07 Sols GXP and one was a MAP sensor and the other looked like a Temp sensor. Can't remember but I thought the temp sensor was on the oulet charge pipe and the MAP sensor was on the manifold.