Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 camaro no 2 bar licence option

Tuner in Training

2010 camaro no 2 bar licence option

Just purchased licensing for a 2010 SS camaro and there is no options for upgrading the OS to any custom OS.. help
    Fight Win Prevail - Joe - 97 Special Edition

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    likely not available for your operating system yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Lol seriously? on the forums turbo charged 2010 camaros are all talking about using the two bar custom o s . on a 2010 camaro ss file I downloaded to preview before going to tune this vehicle it has the option 4 using two bar and shows as unlicensed .

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
    Lol seriously? on the forums turbo charged 2010 camaros are all talking about using the two bar custom o s . on a 2010 camaro ss file I downloaded to preview before going to tune this vehicle it has the option 4 using two bar and shows as unlicensed .
    There are different operating systems for a given model year of a car.

Go haul your car to a dealer and have them flash it with the latest software.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Tuner in Training
    Sure sure. I'll pack up a freshly turbo installed car and say hey please flash this so I can tune it. Gonna have to tow it cause this car isn't gonna see street time without tuning . But your answer makes much more sense than its not available .

So I'm to assume that if the OS isn't up to date that I can't get the 2 bar option? Seems strange. I would think they were independent

Sure sure. I'll pack up a freshly turbo installed car and say hey please flash this so I can tune it. Gonna have to tow it cause this car isn't gonna see street time without tuning . But your answer makes much more sense than its not available .

So I'm to assume that if the OS isn't up to date that I can't get the 2 bar option? Seems strange. I would think they were independent
    You don't need the enhanced OS to make that car run. I promise you that.

Tuner in Training
    Yea , that woulda been the case is the vehicle still had a maf installed . Just isn't where I wanna be with this car. The dealer here is not going to be helpful or do anything for free

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

GM, like us, are constantly updating their software(operating system) sometimes, 3 or 4 times a year. Its like microsoft putting out XP, vista & win 7 in the same year.

So each time a new operating system comes out we need to make the modifications to the new operating system, this in itself takes ALOT of time so keeping up with new ones AND doing old ones is a HUGE task.

Without seeing your file its impossible to tell if you are using one of the newer operating systems but thats what I can assume if there isn't one available for you as we offer it for the first two 2010 Camaro operating systems.

The following E38 os id’s have the 1-2.5 bar vcm enhancement:
    12612381 12639270 12633056 12635863 12605732 12614676 12612281
    12617631 12628990 12624402 12633016

Tuner in Training
    12637084 is what im using

I have a 12633056 from a car I tuned before ( didnt use the 2 bar ) but I was going ot do a write entire and apply that file but I am ( obviously ) not 100% used to working with these PCMs yet, and want to make sure im not going to brick this PCM.

I appreciate the feedback. Was just hoping to work with a VE table that was 1.5-2.5 ish bar that looks more like what im used to =)
    Last edited by Silverbird; 03-28-2011 at 03:07 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah the 7084 is the newest 2010 one. Now 2011's are out so trying to keep up with last year and the year prior is a difficult, if not an impossible, task. You could license one of the earlier 2010 Camaro operating systems, apply the custom os and flash that to the pcm but thats ultimately going to cost you 6 total credits instead of 4 but that is another option.

Tuner in Training
    Can I talk with someone on the phone then about getting a credit exchange?

If I can get the dealer to update the PCM , I am going to need to buy more creidts right? If I upload a file that is the right version Im going to have to buy the credit to apply that file myself. So either way I have to buy 6 credits unless I can get the licencing undone that I just purchased / applies yesterday.
    Last edited by Silverbird; 03-28-2011 at 04:29 PM.

Yea , that woulda been the case is the vehicle still had a maf installed . Just isn't where I wanna be with this car. The dealer here is not going to be helpful or do anything for free
    Do you still have at least an IAT sensor installed?...

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate you checking but Ive got everything covered on the build side.

Made a provision for the maf already. My issue is wanting to get the car 2 bar ready.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Can I talk with someone on the phone then about getting a credit exchange?

If I can get the dealer to update the PCM , I am going to need to buy more creidts right? If I upload a file that is the right version Im going to have to buy the credit to apply that file myself. So either way I have to buy 6 credits unless I can get the licencing undone that I just purchased / applies yesterday.

760-803-0513 if someone wants to call me instead of forum post.
    sorry but we arent going to be giving out free credits for this. also your dealership cant flash an older os as far as i know

Tuner in Training
    Can someone on your end modify the os then to be what I need to move forward?

Im fairly disappointed that the information that you posted was not easily located somewhere on this site. I did research before making this move and had no idea that this was going to be an issue. Didnt see or hear anything about it. IVe been using your software for years now, and Im not just some guy tuning one car for the first time. From the many many cars I have tuned before , I would have never thought this to be any sort of issue. Cant even see why it would be.
    Last edited by Silverbird; 03-28-2011 at 04:20 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    always assume there are no custom operating systems available for your application.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    While I can't make the operating system modifications if you email support with your file & your serial number I can put you on the list of those waiting for the custom operating system for that specific os.

We only offer custom operating systems for a small percent(probably close to 2%) of all operating systems we support so my statement stands in regards to custom operating systems. They take a lot of resources and time to create so doing one for each and every operating system is impossible.
    Last edited by Bill@HPTuners; 03-28-2011 at 04:37 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Maybe I'm not being clear. Since all I have to do is flash the older version over mine, I was hoping someone on Ur side could do it. Since I have paid for something I can't do anything with. It's really not that big of a deal. As that really isn't your problem . It's just gonna cost me more money, which just seems silly that there is no way to just apply an OS updAte. Or roll back in this case.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Maybe I'm not being clear. Since all I have to do is flash the older version over mine, I was hoping someone on Ur side could do it. Since I have paid for something I can't do anything with. It's really not that big of a deal. As that really isn't your problem . It's just gonna cost me more money, which just seems silly that there is no way to just apply an OS updAte. Or roll back in this case.
    I'm sure the repository has some of the early 2010 Camaro files if thats the route you prefer to go.

If you're near St. Louis, I'll do it. The factory OS is 2.5 bar ready... You just still have to use the coefficients.