Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 camaro no 2 bar licence option

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    If you're near St. Louis, I'll do it. The factory OS is 2.5 bar ready... You just still have to use the coefficients.
    Dave took the words right out of my mouth. In my experience, the factory operating system is the best for this. Don't be intimidated by the need to work with the coefficients. There are tools to help you do that and the end result is usually better if you do things the way GM intended.

Tuner in Training
    I really dont have any problem with using whats there, except - I learn best with something to reference as to how the whole system works. Its not intimidating, it just doesnt make a lot of sense to me ( ADHD Strikes again ) as when it comes time to being in a car and tuning it, I dont have a lot of time to learn how to use this new setup.

If there is a guide out there as to how it all works im all for it. Just havent seen one.

Started tuning yesterday on the factory os and i am just brutally slow with a car that has this many changes to it.

** Greg, I used one of your books way back in the day when i was referencing everything I could on tuning. Engine Management: Advanced Tuning ( was real helpful ). Maybe I should have also got Designing and tuning as well =)

I really like to know a system front to back before I use it. Cause I hate guess working anything.
    Last edited by Silverbird; 03-30-2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Fight Win Prevail - Joe - 97 Special Edition

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yeah the 7084 is the newest 2010 one. Now 2011's are out so trying to keep up with last year and the year prior is a difficult, if not an impossible, task. You could license one of the earlier 2010 Camaro operating systems, apply the custom os and flash that to the pcm but thats ultimately going to cost you 6 total credits instead of 4 but that is another option.
    Well , I bit the bullet and purchased the credits applied to an file with 12633056 ( listed as Custom OS optionable ) , Applied the custom OS and attempted to flash this file to car. No go.

So Im assuming I need to try Different OS files until I get one that will load.

So does anyone have a file that I can try to upload over my 12637084 and attempt this again. Many thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post
    Well , I bit the bullet and purchased the credits applied to an file with 12633056 ( listed as Custom OS optionable ) , Applied the custom OS and attempted to flash this file to car. No go.

So does anyone have a file that I can try to upload over my 12637084 and attempt this again. Many thanks.
    Why was it a no go? Can you explain the error it gave you? Maybe you could take it to email and send me a screenshot of the error, the file you tried to load as well as an infolog while connected to the vehicle in question so I can try and figure out what was going on?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbird View Post

you obviously dont tune many cars if you dont have the all the Custom operating systems already purchased, or the whole year model of the car purchased in terms of credits.... i dont tune a whole bunch of 2010 camaros, but i have 2010 and 2011 pretty purchased in terms of credits, and i do not have to pay for them anymore
    Owner of Cunningham Motorsports

06 z06
    2016 camaro
    68 Camaro
    2014 e63 amg
    07 LBZ Duramax

Tuner in Training
    Thx Ryne lol, I primarily tune gen 3 motors using Fbody PCMs, so I generally just buy credits as I need them . I do have year model for 2010 now. I'm not a shop

Anyway , the PCM first phase when attempting to write says TCM recovery . It can perform a write entire but doesn't seem to write the pcm it just skips. After the write enitre it doesn't appear to have failed , says completed but if you attempt to do a write calibration only it gives an OS error, ill pull a screen shot and post It later .
    Last edited by Silverbird; 03-30-2011 at 09:47 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Attached are 2 photos, TCM recov is when a write entire is performed, 2 bar write is attempted after a write entire as a write calibration only.

Not sure how to give you an infolog while connected. Never had to do that so not exactly sure what you need.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pretty sure our software doesn't support write entire of the T43 TCM which is likely the issue because the file you are trying to write has a different TCM os id than your stock one. You'll want to use a file with the same tcm os id as you currently have(or just use a pcm only file), unfortunately theres no way to extract the tcm os from the .hpt file.

Tuner
    I have 12635863 OS for a manual 2010 camaro. That was in mine originally before dealer updated it to 7084. I take it you have an automatic??
    6 sec 648TT Outlaw 10.5 86 Camaro (sold), 2010 Camaro SS (sold), 64 chevy C10 w429ci LS3 M6, 2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye

Tuner in Training
    Yes this is an Auto

Tuner in Training
    Bill, How can I use a PCM only file if I am trying to change to the Custom OS. I figured that I need a matching file but I am going to have to hope someone in the community can help me with that file as I dont have access to a matching one, and none of the ones listed in the repository match either.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I have a question silverbird, if you disconnect the tcm fuses and do a read entire does it pull both the pcm & tcm calibration or JUST the pcm calibration? If just the pcm calibration I have something I can try, if not I'll look around to see if I have a compatible file but no promises that I have something that will work.

Wait a minute... Were you able to successfully write entire an older operating system? You do realize you have to write entire to apply the 2.5 bar OS, right? You can't do a write calibration only until the custom OS has gone through write entire.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Wait a minute... Were you able to successfully write entire an older operating system? You do realize you have to write entire to apply the 2.5 bar OS, right? You can't do a write calibration only until the custom OS has gone through write entire.
    Actually an infolog would be of some help here as I requested earlier. I would like to see if the pcm took the new operating system write.

Tuner in Training
    I'll be Back with the car shortly. Bill , I don't know how to give you an info log, as I said earlier . I'll do a search and see if I can find something that says how . ** KK found it in the help section, easy enough ** Heading to the car now, I'll post in 30 mins or so

And of course I tried a write entire first to apply the 2 bar. I am pretty sure a read pulls both PCM and tcm. I pulled the tune to double check if the OS had applied .

If I could get some.files to play with Im cool with that. I don't expect anything to work at this point but I am interested to try to get something to work
    Last edited by Silverbird; 04-01-2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: found it!

Tuner in Training
    You are correct, after doing the write entire for the 2 bar OS using a different than stock pulled source file it would not read from the TCM. I went and tired to find the trans section of the tune after pulling and everything was missing.

attached info log, I removed the cars licenced as I have a tendency to put peoples phone numbers in with their tune.
    Last edited by Silverbird; 04-01-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Error given as well. Transmissions mismatch , tcm was not found - flash file requires tcm .

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    ok do this Silverbird

disconnect the battery for 5 minutes.

Read entire

Open the file

Apply 2 bar custom operating system

save the file

Open the NEW file you just saved(this is your base file so try not to save over it)

Make your modifications to this file

Go to the vehicle & write entire(you will need 2 available gm credits to do this, the cost of a single vcm custom operating system)

From here you can pretty much tune away as the write entire to the pcm DID take so you are using that older operating system now.

Tuner in Training
    After pulling the file it still has no tranny tables and shows tcm recovery , doesn't work

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yeah you might consider contacting support, not much more I can do via the forum.