Thread: ugrading a scaled tune to 2.5bar

Advanced Tuner

ugrading a scaled tune to 2.5bar

Took the plung and burned two more credits for the 2.5 bar enhancement for my e38 powered 06 c6

I had the virtual ve tables in the ballpark using the VE equation tool, so i just pasted that table into my new real ve table.

problems in sd only

-i ended up having to pull another 50% of fuel from the ve table.
    -car will barely run, seems raf is WAYYYY too low now.
    -throttle response is extremely laggy compared to maf

problems in maf only
    -car will barely run, seems raf is too low as well.

for those of you that have already taken the plung to the upgrade what else did you have to tweak?

I am thinking that the engine size : cylinder displacement needs to go back to stock

also, how does your IAT modifier table look to keep the VE in line when temps change?

tunes attached.

-Carl

Did you remember to correct the MAP sensor settings after applying the enhanced OS? It automatically changes them to some default setting for a 2 bar sensor. The last car I did that was scaled and went from standard to 2.5 bar requried no changes aside from rescaling the MAF High table and correcting the MAP sensor settings because of the software changing it.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Advanced Tuner
    checked that, same

now im just stupid lost, went back to previous gm OS with a write entire. car is still trying to stall, typical low raf symptoms. oh well.

i just bumped up the raf, to be good enough to start with this e85 goodness. maybe i had a vacuum leak and fixed it somehow without knowing it.

So it's all good now?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Advanced Tuner
    Not really. She is still trying to stall for some reason. E85 is nice. I'm running 1 degree lower than 93 at low loads bit up to 4 degrees at wot more. 0 knock. I wanted to put it on the dyno but the supercharger is coming off, new cam going in and tt's to replace the boost maker

Which TTs?
    APS TT 630 rwhp/654 rwtq @ 9 psi
    '07 C6, TR6060 conversion w/Z06 ratios. DTE Stage 4 Quaife Diff w/brace (3.73). Z06 Brakes, mild turbo cam & dual springs (222/222, LSA 115, .581/.581), LS9R clutch, LG GT2 Coilovers, Autometer Cobalt Fuel gauage, Progressive Alky Controller, and e-Boost2 Controller. PFADT poly bushing for control arms and Sports sway bars. MGW shifter. 3" B&B Fusion. RSI Stage 1.5 fuel system. RX dual valve catch can.

Advanced Tuner
    UPP's new kit will go on.

One question should I copy the Open Loop EQ Ratio Alcohol (Gear) and (P/N) table over into the Gas (Gear) / (P/N) ?

-Carl

Advanced Tuner
    going to try this again tomorow since i have the day off,

dsteck, do you have a 50% scaled tuen i can compare and try to find whats going on? PM me if ya want to keep it on the side.

also, what fan settings do you recommend, the above ones let the car get up to about 210.

-Carl