Thread: alloytech fitting used vcm

Potential Tuner

alloytech fitting used vcm

i have a 2005 vz commodore HBA engine with a fuel sender error. car will not start unless i turn key on and i short starter out. i have fitted a second hand computer and error has gone but i need to link bcm for immobiliser.i have tried relink VATS vin comes up (new comp)but error appears have tried changing vin anp same.2.22 software
    can any one help.

you will have to check that the ecu's vin is the same otherwise the bcm and ecu will conflict and probably just immobilise the car.

However if you have a fuel sender issue along with not starting, you should check your ignition barrel as alot of times the connections at the bottom are faulty which causes those problems.

We had a car doing the same thing, changed the ecu still did it.... turned out to be the ignition barrel.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for reply, i changed full steering column and no good. when i try to connect vcm suite to the vcm with key turned on it says can not detect turn key on. when i plug another vcm in it connects and dtc on scan says immobiliser not connected. am i able to change vin on vcm and pair vats. or is there any thing else i could try?

thanks
    dave

any news on this?
    -----------------------------
    Ultimate Conversion Wiring

Potential Tuner
    i bought new bcm ecm tcm key and black box next to steering column from wreckers must be same year.

could not get vcm suite to fix this probless and wasted 8 credits trying. thanks hptuners for your lack of help

did you check the wires at the bottom of the ignition barrel itself?