Thread: 05/06 grand prix tranny shift speeds & TCC lockup speeds

Potential Tuner

05/06 grand prix tranny shift speeds & TCC lockup speeds

Hi guys, I have an 06 grand prix power train, BCM, wiring harness and dash on a piece of custom built farm machinery with an 05 PCM so that I can tune it. I have been able to tune RPM limits and fan temp settings successfully. This car has an electronic throttle control and we are using the PCM's ETC fuel cutoff settings to limit the RPMs while in gear to 2900 RPM. In 1st gear that is about 24 MPH, 2nd gear about 45 MPH. This way we don't need an additional RPM governor, we just set the gas pedal sensor to full throttle position and the ETC limits our RPM.

The problem is that in 1st gear under these conditions, it will not shift up into 2nd. I'm not sure if the gas pedal position is the same as the TPS reading or if the TPS reading is what the butterfly is actually at, I suspect the later. I would like to adjust the transmission's shift speeds so that when we manually shift from 1st into 2nd (at full gas pedal position but limited to 2700rpm) that the PCM allows it. I have been playing with the "Shift Speed vs TPS vs Shift - Normal", "WOT Shift Speed vs Shift - Normal" and "WOT Shift RPM vs Shift - Normal" tables and they seem to be having no effect. I tried WOT shift speed 1->2 shift at 19 MPH, WOT shift rpm 1->2 shift at 2700 rpm. In the part throttle shift speed vs tps vs shift I set 1->2 shift values so that the highest value is 18 MPH and for 2->1 shift the highest 14 MPH.

Secondly, we need the TCC to lock up in 2nd and those tables don't seem to be responding either.

Am I missing something obvious or misunderstanding these tables?

i am having this same issue. my car loses all power when going into second gear. i have to pull over and restart the car. it is only during wot it does this...and i have no clue why
    2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 6spd - Cold Air Inductions Intake
    Gone: 2007 Grand Prix base - Headers/HV3/FWI