Thread: Brand New Tuner...no Key (product) Code

Tuner in Training
    Stationed in Pearl Harbor, originally from Gainesville, FL, retiring in Johnsonville, SC

Brand New Tuner...no Key (product) Code

I am in a JAM! I have a brand new CABLE and 8 credits I bought from HINSON MOTORSPORTS/PERFORMANCE and I have no PRODUCT KEY. I sent HPTUNERS an email, but not sure how long it will take. I would hate to have to purchase new credits to use my buddies tuner that I have been using for the last few months, but the new tune (enhancement) is requiring me to do so.

Installing new CAM and injectors, will check back periodically. Thanks.

Micah

Advanced Tuner
    there is a post around here that support replies will be slow through the middle of the week so be patient and they will get to you.

they tend to underpromise and overdeliver on that type of thing so hang in there and they will take good care of you
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Pretty sure I get him fixed up already.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Stationed in Pearl Harbor, originally from Gainesville, FL, retiring in Johnsonville, SC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Pretty sure I get him fixed up already.
    You did, now the tune written is not wanting to interface.

So, I am researching that now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Explain what you mean by the tune written is not wanting to interface and maybe I can help.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Explain what you mean by the tune written is not wanting to interface and maybe I can help.
    I was informed by my tuner that I needed to click "WRITE ENTIRE" and it worked fine. Man, I am slowly learning this tuning stuff, but there is just so much to learn.

Thanks for all of the outstanding support!

What vehicle are you tuning?

You do not need to do a "write entire" for most vehicles. Unless you are actually changing more than the calibration.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by JonCR96Z View Post
    What vehicle are you tuning?

You do not need to do a "write entire" for most vehicles. Unless you are actually changing more than the calibration.
    I am running a 2003 ZO6 and installed a CAM and required a WRITE ENTIRE function. Once I did that, the car and program worked fine.