Thread: Wideband with Narrowband emulation

Tuner in Training

Wideband with Narrowband emulation

I would like to hear recommendations for WB O2 sensors that can be used in place of the stock front O2 sensor and provide narrowband output, and at the same time be able to hook up HPT to the wideband.

I would want something I dont need to calibrate (I dont want to be taking the sensor in/out of the bung).

thanks in advance!

Advanced Tuner
    Just a hunch, but since narrow bands work with NON-Linear 0-1000mV and Widebands run a linear 0-5 volts...
    I dont see this happening anytime soon.

Why dont you do what most do, and have an exhaust shop insert and weld another o2 Bung into the exhaust so you can use your wideband and still have your narrowbands in place.

Not sure what you are trying to accomplish? Running a wideband to log with HPTuners but have the computer still see narrowbands? Usually, the car is put into OpenLoop, and the narrowbands are not used
    Last edited by smithers; 04-12-2011 at 05:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Welll, PLX has a sensor that does just that (has a narrowband 0-1V output and a 0-5 volt wideband output),

I was looking for folks who actually used them and would recommend them....I dont want to have to remove the WB sensor to recalibrate, for example.

thanks in advance.

Advanced Tuner
    Your referring to the PLX M-300 ?
    I am interested to what others have to say.

Potential Tuner
    I have an lc1 in the b1s1 location simulating the narrowband signa. It works fine, but I find it is much more accurate than the b2s1 narrowband which causes fuel trims to be split at low engine speeds. 02 ls1 camaro btw.