Thread: ETA on the GM 3.6 L DI

Tuner in Training

Smile ETA on the GM 3.6 L DI

I just bought an Acadia with the 3.6 DI. Cant wait till you guy's figure the PCM out.
    Oh and thanks for your help in the past, my nova ran great with the 04 GTO motor in it. I remember the night I emailed you at 9pm, the vats wouldn't let the car run. Yall shot me back a quick vats fix file.

Thanks again guys keep up the good work.

I've got another car in the works and want to use a salvaged 3.6 for power, hope ya figure it out.

I'd like to know as well. I have a 2011 Traverse LTZ. The 288HP 3.6 is quite impressive at just over 3000 miles. It sure would be nice to communicate with it properly. Whats involved to communicate better? Newer or updated software? Currently HPT shows a 2011 Suburban when connected to my Traverse. If there's anything the community can do I'd be happy to help if I can.

Quote Originally Posted by LS1chevy2 View Post
    I've got another car in the works and want to use a salvaged 3.6 for power, hope ya figure it out.

I think that's a great idea. I thought about sticking a 3.6 in an Ion and going twin turbo but I already have a fast FWD car so am leaning more towards something RWD. I believe the Pontiac G6 and Malibu with a 3.6 is supported by HPT so a junk yard might be a great place to start for the computer and wiring if not the whole package.
    05 Cobalt SS TVS 2.7-Engine Build in the works | 06 Silverado LT Quad Cab 5.3, Bolt-Ons, 4:10's, 6" Pro Comp | 11 Traverse LTZ-Stock
    If I can't tune it, I don't want it!