Thread: 4t65E-HD speed limiter problems

4t65E-HD speed limiter problems

i have been trying to tune out my speed limiter and i guess i have been beating around the bush and i just cant seem to put my finger on it. here what happened earlier today i was scanning getting a 100 mph run (well attempted) and i hit 98 and all the sudden it felt like i was pumping the break. heres a scan and tune so you can see whats up help if ya can. thanks guys

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!

Unhappy

I can read your tune, but I can't read your scan. Looks weird too. Some document icon instead of usual HPT lightning bolt icon. Can't find anything weird other than Full Throttle Shift Speed, under Normal and Hot your 4->3 shift is set to 125mph. Under the one for Performance, 4->3 shift looks normal. I would use those settings. I don't like the Part Throttle Shift settings for 4->3 shift under Hot. Again, I would copy over the Performance settings to this table also.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 05-20-2011 at 12:02 PM.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    BINGO! I got one of theese to disable the limiter yesterday. Only big difference was that I almost totally disabled settings under: Engine/Torque Management/Abuse= parameters for Gear Abuse & Differential Abuse. Gotta be it, as they seem to be the only things left in your tune that could possibly disable cylinders at this point. I also set all of my RPM limiters to 6000 or 5900 regardless of tranny status (P,R,N,D,) and set the speed limiters to a still overly optimistic 175 but I doubt those two minor things will help you. You should also enter your desired AFR (instead of zeros) in the Traction Control System commanded AFR just to be on the safe side. Try just changing the first thing I mentioned, (gear & diff. abuse) in case you still need to go 256 some day! Please tell me that this finally helped, I hope it does and that you do. But safely, on a dyno right? lol.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 06-03-2011 at 07:20 AM.