Thread: MPVI firmware update failure

Tuner

MPVI firmware update failure

In the middle of scanning, the box pops up saying MPVI firmware update is required. Then it says "entering programming mode failed." Whats going on? I read a few posts, and tried another computer just to make sure. THanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No idea, email support with an infolog while connected to your interface and I'll take a look.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    Running windows xp by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by nicstang View Post
    In the middle of scanning, the box pops up saying MPVI firmware update is required. Then it says "entering programming mode failed." Whats going on? I read a few posts, and tried another computer just to make sure. THanks.
    It happened to me once. It was an electrical problem with the car. Interior lights were causing some sort of trouble, so I switched them off and problem solved.
    It was a 99 M6 WS6

Tuner in Training
    My laptop is Vista, but I shut everything down, unplugged all my cabling, including the dyno hookups, waited half an hour, then started again. It worked fine, except twice during my reflash process, it gave me the error message again, but then just went away. Ive a feeling something is about to crap backwards on my. I have 2.23 Beta. Is there a newer version?

Tuner
    I experienced the same problem, then it started saying USB device is malfunctioning. Turned out the USB cable was damaged.

I also replaced my USB cable and all problems gone..
    C5-2000 MN6 LS2 block Tony Mamo FAST90+Ported LS2 TB 100mm MAF AFR 205 59cc CompCam 921 Yalla Terra G5X1 LG Pro Headers LG G2+T1 Chassie LG ducts MOVIT brakes - HPT&NGK AFX
    //Sweden

Tuner
    I take it back, I switched cables and the malfunctioning message has stopped popping up, but not the driver update stuff.

I have the same firmware update failure problem that pops up and causes me to loose the data I spent time gathering. Using windows 7 as well.

I also can't create an info log. It just runs and runs and never does anything.

Advanced Tuner
    mine always says checking for firware update, if update is needed this may hang for 10 sec?? it does this every time i use the interface, is this the way its supposed to work?
    2010 camaro L99, Magnacharger TVS 2300, 415ci LS3,Kooks long tubes, yank ss3200, 3.73 rear

I just had this problem the other day. Tried a different usb cable, all fixed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
    mine always says checking for firware update, if update is needed this may hang for 10 sec?? it does this every time i use the interface, is this the way its supposed to work?
    Yes, we'll likely have it cleaned up for when 2.24 is released though.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Update- I found another cord and haven't had the same firmware problem since I swapped it out. It must have been a bad connection.

Tuner in Training
    Where does the firmware update com from? Internet?

Advanced Tuner
    i have been fighting this for months , different cables , different computers , and drop out when this occurs , very annoying and I sent an ifo log in and i was told its a ok ,,, so why do I still have this mosquito on my back ????? can we update a different way ??

Advanced Tuner
    wow no answers,,,,,,from support or here hmmmmmm

Advanced Tuner
    no way to do a remote or email update ?????