Thread: different PCM

Tuner

different PCM

Per a previous thread, My 98 PCM locked up while flashing, so I purchased a PCM out of a 98. I had a 2 bar tune
    I need to know the exact procedure for getting this thing going
    Do I HAVE to have the pcm flashed (I assume by GM)?
    Can I just "write entire" a old MAF tune of mine, change vin, then write my two bar tune, or just go straight to the 2 bar?
    C5- forged LS2, ported Dart pro 1s, custom Tick blower cam, P1SC1 at 13psi, 4" intake and charge pipe, alky control 100% meth w dual injectors, 255 walburo, BAP, yella terra, FAST 90, ported LS2 TB, RPM stage VI, SY3500, 3.42, 335 Ra1, Lots of Body mods

Senior Tuner
    Is the PCM new or used? If it is used and has a tune in it from whatever, you can just do a write entire over with your old tune(will cost you 2 credits unless you have unlimited for your vehicle). If it is a brand new pcm, it will have to be flashed by gm first.

Tuner
    Thanks

It is a used PCM with a custom tune from another member. It has a one bar tune and I'll be going to a two bar, which was my last tune.
    I asked becasue I keep being told that I will have to have it "flashed" and I just couldn't understand why, unless it was to save credits
    C5- forged LS2, ported Dart pro 1s, custom Tick blower cam, P1SC1 at 13psi, 4" intake and charge pipe, alky control 100% meth w dual injectors, 255 walburo, BAP, yella terra, FAST 90, ported LS2 TB, RPM stage VI, SY3500, 3.42, 335 Ra1, Lots of Body mods