Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

HPTuners announces new pricing !!!

It is with great pleasure that HPTuners announces the following changes to our pricing structure effective today, 15-Nov-04.

Overview
    We have created a dual pricing structure to serve the customer who wants a pay-as-you-go business model, or alternately the customer who wants to be incented to pay upfront. New pricing and package details follow.

VCM Suite Pro
    2 Vehicle Types: $499
    Each additional vehicle type: +$199 (up to 4 vehicle types total)
    Each additional vehicle type: +$399 (5th and subsequent vehicle types)
    Enhanced IO (EIO) Interface: +$150

VCM Suite Pro additionally supports: Rewrite Entire VCM, VATS relink, TunerLock and other features.

It also gives us great pleasure to announce our new pricing packages targetted at tunershops.
    - All V8 Gen III Cars: $3999
    - All V8 Gen III Trucks: $3999
    - All V6 Cars: $3999

Note: Price applies to currently listed vehicles only. EIO option must be purchased seperately.

In addition, there are the following multiple purchase discounts (must be placed on a single order).
    - 20% discount for 2 packages purchased up front.
    - 30% discount for 3 or more packages purchased up front.

Please note that no credits will be given on existing purchases towards the upfront package prices shown above.

Trade-in Program
    Finally, we also offer the following trade-in's credits towards any purchase.

Carputing: $200 (making $299 to purchase STD interface or $449 for EIO)
    EFI Live: $250 (making $249 to purchase STD interface or $349 for EIO)
    Carputing + EFI Live: $350 (making $149 to purchase STD interface or $299 for EIO)
    Autotap: $100 (making $399 to purchase STD interface or $549 for EIO)
    Hypertech/Predator: $50 (making $449 to purchase STD interface or $599 for EIO)
    DHP: $350 (costs $149 to purchase STD interface or $249 for EIO)

All credits will be given once hardware cable/dongle/wart is returned to HPTuners. Granting of credits is at the sole discretion of HPTuners once the trade-in product has been received. Please contact [email protected] for all trade-in details. Please bear with us while we gear up for this it may take a week or so before the full details of where to send stuff etc. is available.

Further details follow.

VCM Suite Pro
    VCM Suite Pro is the default package that will ship to all users. It includes two (2) vehicle types (year/model based). It is NOT VIN or VCM locked, you can tune as many vehicles of the same type as you like. There is no limit as to how many vehicle types you can add (this caters for pay as you go tunershops or enthusiastic home tuners). Additional vehicle types are added via software updates, no need to return cable (this is our existing process).

Existing VCM Suite Pro customers are able purchase additional vehicle types at the new price of $199 or $399 depending on your current number of licenses.

VCM Suite Standard
    VCM Suite Std has been replaced by VCM Suite Pro and is the default package for all users. Existing VCM Suite Std users will recieve a free upgrade to VCM Suite Pro with the next update (before Christmas). Users who have single vehicle type support may add an additional vehcle for $199.

Prices
    All prices do not include shipping or taxes where applicable, see http://www.hptuners.com/order.php for more details.

We thank you all for you support, suggestions and encouragement and trust you find these changes as exciting as we do.

The HPTuners team.
    www.hptuners.com

I count sheep in hex...

Re: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

WOW!!! Now that is very nice. Decisions decisions....

Is this a typo??

Carputing: $200 (making $299 to purchase STD interface or $449 for EIO)
    EFI Live: $250 (making $249 to purchase STD interface or $349 for EIO)
    Why is there a $100 difference from the EIO on one to another when only a $50 difference in allowance?

Because thats what we came up with.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

When adding an additional vehicle does one also get 6months of updates for that additional vehicle and the current one?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    Because thats what we came up with.

Works for me!! I see why too. When can we start doing this?

guys,

please see above correction to the pricing.

The $199 additional vehicle license only applies up to the first 4 licenses, then after that they are $399.

eg.
    You get 2 with your $649 VCM Suite Pro
    - you can purchase 2 more at $199
    - everything after that is $399

Sorry for the confusion.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    VCM Suite Standard
    VCM Suite Std has been replaced by VCM Suite Pro and is the default package for all users. Existing VCM Suite Std users will recieve a free upgrade to VCM Suite Pro with the next update (before Christmas). Users who have single vehicle type support may add an additional vehcle for $199.
    Does this mean us standard people will be getting a 2nd vehicle type with the next update, or can we buy our 2nd vehicle type for $100 (the difference in price between the Standard and the Pro)? Paying $199 for our 2nd vehicle type now wouldn't quite be fair to us existing customers. Your call. You guys rock even harder than you did a few weeks ago!

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Hang on a sec, did I just read that right. For $650 I get any two vehicle types right off the bat?

We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    Hang on a sec, did I just read that right. For $650 I get any two vehicle types right off the bat? Your killing me here guys. Where do I sign up.
    On the orders page.

Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Advanced Tuner

I agree with black02. And this would bake for a GREAT christmas present
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Chicken

Does this mean us standard people will be getting a 2nd vehicle type with the next update, or can we buy our 2nd vehicle type for $100 (the difference in price between the Standard and the Pro)? Paying $199 for our 2nd vehicle type now wouldn't quite be fair to us existing customers. Your call. You guys rock even harder than you did a few weeks ago!

No, existing customers will get Pro for free and you guys did get a super deal on the EIO already.

I count sheep in hex...

Last question for the eveing as I can't take anymore excitement. Do I just send a email to sales for info on where and when to ship my POS carputing cable now??? ;D

I lied, one more question. I am sure Dirk Diggler will ask this, so I will do it for him. What if you have Edit or EFI Live and already own HP Tuners, can existing customers trade in their edit or live for additional vehicle types?

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by black02ss
    Last question for the eveing as I can't take anymore excitement. Do I just send a email to sales for info on where and when to ship my carputing cable now??? ;D
    Yeah, what he said?

Tuner

Well that sux, if I had known that I could 2 cars for the same price I would have waited a week. Good deal for most of you, but bad for me, How much to add a second car to my cable?
    1999 Formula WS6&&ST. 2 GTP Heads, TR224/224, Moser 12bolt&&Full Suspension

199.00 for each additional up to 4 then it is 399.00 ea.

What I wrote was badly worded. Here is it again with more detail.

I have a cable already for one car. I'm out of my update time.

If I was to add a second car to my existing cable. It's $200 right?

Would that $200 include the second car and the 6 months of software for just the second car or also 6 months of software for my existing car? I don't know how your updates work for multiple cars when purchased at different times.

Tuner

So if we are in our 6 month update period we get to add a second car? I'm confused.
    1999 Formula WS6&&ST. 2 GTP Heads, TR224/224, Moser 12bolt&&Full Suspension