Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Tuner

Re: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Ummm, let me see if I got this correct, loyal customers now get screwed for buying their package????? and recent buyers that held off until E I/O was released get screwed again!
    :huh2:

Someone please explain this to me

We offered EIO upgrades at half off for existing customers.
    We also now offer a solution for existing customers to add support for $200 less.
    We offer trade-in incentives now.

Looks like it benafits both our existing customers as well as new customers.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    We offered EIO upgrades at half off for existing customers.
    We also now offer a solution for existing customers to add support for $200 less.
    We offer trade-in incentives now.

Looks like it benafits both our existing customers as well as new customers.
    I do agree, but also see the point of others that have purchased the product within the past few weeks having a complaint. Nonetheless, it is obvious you guys are trying to be competetive and willing to work with other platforms as well. It seems though, that no matter what you do, not everyone is always going to be happy.

guys, nobody gets screwed. Under the old scheme it cost $399 to add a new vehicle and you had VCM suite Std. Now you get VCM Suite Pro and if you want a second it is $199. You save $200 and get Pro free...

It is never easy to discount anything, but we think we have done a very fair deal by our customers so far.
    I count sheep in hex...

We do understand why some are unhappy...

We will constantly improve our product and will continue to develop innovative technologies and features.

I can guarantee you that 6 months down the line our product will be far greather than what it is today, and 1 year from now it will be far greater than it was 6 months prior.

Todays customers help pave the way for what we have to offer tomorrow. We would have never gotten this far without the continued support of our existing customers.

Tuner

I agree, it is a good deal, so don't get me wrong. Yes, we had the option to upgrade at a discount for a short period of time. You got the benefit of confirming how successful the upgrade is likely to be on the open market, so that works both ways.
    Now, I get the Pro version at the next update, so there's another plus for me.
    The people that delayed purchasing until the E I/O was released didn't receive the $75 discount, ok that didn't affect me, but it did affect some out there.

So they ordered straight after the release and get the E I/O and 1 vehicle type. If they had have delayed purchasing another 10 days they could have 2 vehicle types for the same amount.

Now I purchased mine 4 months ago, so I have to pay an extra $199 to get the same as a new purchaser gets today. Surely the fair thing is to give existing customers a 2nd vehicle type free and everyone would be on the same field except the $75 discount that initial customers received if they upgraded to the E I/O.

Brian

Sweet, time to start cruching some numbers on my end. This is very good news for me. HPT<-I love this stuff. How will updates be handled for Tunershop versions? Will it be 399 to add each additional year as they come out or is it too early for an answer to this?

Psssss->Hey->Chris,Ken,Keith->Don't forget about us Ford people in your future plans, please, at least a maybe?
    -Michael Rudolph-
    2003 Redfire Cobra
    Eaton Powered to a:
    11.301 @ 129 1.68 60' MT DRs
    11.85 @ 124 1.90 60' street tires

Well, we are trying to stay in business here, not give away the company.

Look at it this way. If you purchased an 04 GTO before 05 GTO's were available, would you be able to take it back when the 05 GTO was released for the new body styling? Would they give you the hood with the scoops for free just because new customers can now get one at the same price you got your 04 back in the day? No because they want to stay in business as do we.

We either stick with the same exact model we have now and try to market as much as possible and eventually become out dated or we continue to innovate.. and every time we release a new product or price break or some sort of feature that benefits our customers there are going to be people who purchased it days and weeks prior to the announcement. This will happen as long as we continue to provide more bang for your $$$.

We can't please everyone and stay in business at the same time so we will do what we can to please as many people as possible while still being able to maintain a roof over our heads with heat in the winter.

Tuner

Forgot to say, Flame suit is on now...

It does make the Tunershop version very attractive for US-based customers getting all the engine types available.

Hmmm, I wonder if I could get a transfer over there ;D

Tuner

Keith, I want you to stay in business
    After all, how else am I going to get upgrades?
    Now the question becomes, in the future will I buy the upgrade or wait 10days and buy a new package with more features for the same price or a very little bit more?
    BTW, great concept for the pricing structure

well for aussie customers the tunershop package aint too shabby either... $3999 compared to what used to be about $6500

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Chris, yes it is pretty good too!
    For that sort of cash I wish I had a use for so many vehicle types. I could use 4 right now, but I guess I will have wait until I get a VE in 06 to use any more

Cheers
    Brian

Advanced Tuner

OMG, what a great deal you have going on now!!! and I thought you had a great price structure going on before.

Since I have 3 cables, I can have a total of 4 car years per cable??? (12 different years of cars/trucks?) On cars/trucks 5 or more per cable, it will be $399 additional?

I have the standard software packages. You said that everyone will be upgraded to the Pro package, will this also include any new updates or just the current 1.5 Pro software??? Just wondering if you are going to come out with ver 1.6 within the next 4-6 weeks.

Will the $199.00 per year/car be for a limited time or permanent?

I have AutoTap, but will the HP Tuner scanner work for ALL GM cars/trucks as the Autotap does?

Thanks again guys for such a great product, keep up the good work. I guess I'll have to work some more OT to help pay for additional cars to my cables.... lol

Bill Wright
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Quote Originally Posted by Billiumss
    OMG, what a great deal you have going on now!!! and I thought you had a great price structure going on before.

Since I have 3 cables, I can have a total of 4 car years per cable??? (12 different years of cars/trucks?)

I have the standard software packages. You said that everyone will be upgraded to the Pro package, will this also include any new updates or just the current 1.5 Pro software??? Just wondering if you are going to come out with ver 1.6 within the next 4-6 weeks.

Will the $199.00 per year/car be for a limited time or permanent?

I have AutoTap, but will the HP Tuner scanner work for ALL GM cars/trucks as the Autotap does?

Thanks again guys for such a great product, keep up the good work. I guess I'll have to work some more OT to help pay for additional cars to my cables.... lol

Bill Wright
    you can have as many years/models per cable as your want, the switch from $199 to $399 per vehicle type happens at the 5th vehicle (on each cable).

Scanner will work on mostly all GM vehicles (it is not licensed). Although things like VCM Controls, Status bits, and other vehicle specific stuff will only work on vehicles we support.

The $199 per vehicle type (up to 4 per cable - then $399 per vehicle type) is not a limited offer, it is ongoing.

We are hoping to have another version out before Christmas with a few goodies in it for the forced induction gang (and some other surprises, after all it is Christmas..)

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Chris,
    Following Keith's logic about not getting an extra vehicle. Does the same apply to those that have already purchased the Pro version? ie. now have to purchase each year that they don't have to catch up to new purchasers?

Flame suit still on ;D

Advanced Tuner

Are you guys cyborgs or something, you guys never sleep, always working on this stuff... lol ;D Thanks for the fast reply.

A few things that I would like to see in the next version/update is:

- A true compare feature without opening up another program
    - A notepad option so you can make notes for each file that you change
    - 2-4 more PID for the Scanner

Do you plan on having 96-97 LT1 software? I have people ask me from time to time.

Looks like you guys are my Santa for this year, what a great Christmas it is going to be!!!

Bill

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by brh26
    Chris,
    Following Keith's logic about not getting an extra vehicle. Does the same apply to those that have already purchased the Pro version? ie. now have to purchase each year that they don't have to catch up to new purchasers?

Flame suit still on ;D
    Pro came with 3 vehicle types in the past. if you only have 3 then you can get one more for $199, then $399 each from there. For all US V8 LS1 cars (15 total) the math works out as $649 + 2 x $199 + 11 x $399 = $5436 if you buy the tunershop package it's $3999 for almost a $1500 saving. Depending where you are at it may make sense to do one or the other.

For Holdens its a bit closer, but if you get the tunershop package you also get US cars for free, likewise the US guys get Holdens for free. We also wanted to make it far more attractive for shops to get "everything".

For full LS1 cars & trucks it is 2 x $3999 - 20% = $6398.

For the full LS1 V8 cars, trucks and US V6 vehicle package, it is 3 x $3999 - 30% which is $8398 now that is a DEAL if i ever saw one.

Is that what you were asking?

Chris...

edit: i can't add
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner

Chris, yes you answered the question, sort of....
    What I am querying is this.....
    The new structure gives a new purchaser all V8 car vehicle types (say your 15) for $3999. Therefore for an additional $999 the new purchaser gets a total of 15 vehicle types.

A person who currently owns HPT Pro with say 3 vehicle types paid $3000 odd (if I remember correctly). So for the same $999 he can purchase 2 * $199 and 1 * $399 with some change. For a total of 6 vehicle types.
    To get the equivalent 15 vehicle types he would have to pay 9 * $399 additional.

Feel free to correct me, but I can't see that as being a logical nor fair upgrade path for existing customers that already have the hardware and need more than 6 vehicle types. Obviously each person will have to assess their needs and make the appropriate choice to purchase individually or buy a new package.

Just my opinion

Brian

Advanced Tuner

Either way you look at it, it is still $1,000's cheaper than LS1 Edit.

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners
    guys, nobody gets screwed. Under the old scheme it cost $399 to add a new vehicle and you had VCM suite Std. Now you get VCM Suite Pro and if you want a second it is $199. You save $200 and get Pro free...

It is never easy to discount anything, but we think we have done a very fair deal by our customers so far.

I believe what is meant is if someone bought the standard version a week ago they paid 499 and would be upgraded to the pro version in the future, and this is for 1 vehicle. If that person would have waited a week they could know pay 499 and get the pro version for 2 cars. ;D
    1999 Pewter Hardtop-TR224/224/114 w/Ported LS1 heads w/918's-LS6 Manifold w/stinger air intake, TPIS headers w/ Z06 cats-PRT's-Z06 sways and springs, HPTuner, Prior to headers 370 RWHP & 361 RWTQ