Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Tuner

Re: Announcing new pricing structure !!!!

Ok, I am all alone on this one.....
    Yes the new structure is better for all than the old one. But it is strongly biased towards the new purchaser.

Equivalent to a new car compared to an old model, I don't think so. More like do you want one scoop of icecream on your pancakes, and oh I didn't tell you, but if you had of waited a while you could have had maple syrup too.
    I just think all the facts should be put out there to enable people to reach the best decision about their particular upgrade choice.

I'll go home now.

Advanced Tuner

2 months after I bought my 2001 SS, GM had better financing and a $1,000 rebate.

GM didn't tell me that they were going to do that. I was a tad upset, but I got to enjoy my 'first ever brand new' car before I found out the new "deal" GM was doing on cars.

For those that are complaining, I don't get it. You had another option other than HP Tuner, you could have bought LS1 Edit. They had deals too, but no where near as nice as HP Tuners.

With most new technology in life, the longer it's out and it is proven, the price usually goes down. Look at the computer industry....

Bill
    2001 Camaro SS M6 - 23,xxx Miles

Huron Speed AC Turbo AC Kit - 6.0L 9.4CR, LS3 Heads, 226 232 115 lsa cam, Turbonetics 7575 1.15 AR Turbo

10.98 @ 133 MPH on 9 lbs boost

Can I trade-in both my LS1edit + autotap on one new order, for a total of $300 off ?

Thanks,
    Dave
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs

Advanced Tuner

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! > > >

What about the guys that have both LS1Edit and EFI-live that ordered HPTuner (E I/O) two weeks ago, ARE they going to be able to send these end and get a rebate know???

2007 CTS-V LS2

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners
    We offered EIO upgrades at half off for existing customers.
    We also now offer a solution for existing customers to add support for $200 less.
    We offer trade-in incentives now.

Looks like it benafits both our existing customers as well as new customers.

Those of us that waited for weeks to get the 1.5 EIO version to try and save everyone some trade-in headache missed out every way imaginable. No discounted EIO deal and no upgrade credit. I've got LS1 Edit and EFI Live collectiing dust. Only way it could have been worse is had I purchased a few extra vehicle licenses. :-/

Quote Originally Posted by SideStep
    WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! > > >

What about the guys that have both LS1Edit and EFI-live that ordered HPTuner (E I/O) two weeks ago, ARE they going to be able to send these end and get a rebate know???

Prolly not. You bought HPTuners knowig you had those packages. You didnt know they were comming with this good of a deal, the good thing is

EDIT NOW HAS A RESALE VALUE.....

YOU CAN SELL IT TO YOUR BUDDIES OR ANYONE AND THYE CAN TRADE IT IN ON AN HPTUNERS PACKAGE. YOU CAN SELL IT TO THEM FOR WHAT IT COSTS IN CREDITS.....

Tuner in Training

Quote Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk
    Can I trade-in both my LS1edit + autotap on one new order, for a total of $300 off ?

Thanks,
    Dave
    I'm also in this boat.
    Do I get a combined discount for trading in my EFI Live v6, and my LS1 edit?
    Or should I sell one, and trade the other in?

Advanced Tuner

AWSOME!

I dont see the whole "getting screwed" aspect of this..

Honestly, I am soo f-ing happy with hptuners that I can hardly stand myself.

and now i can get a few more cars for $200 a pop, its awsome..

when i look at all the people in my club with camaros alone, if i buy a few of those other vehicals I can use them to make some $$$ tuning for others..

$200 is an awsome deal! imho..

Thanks keith, chris, and others.. I have allyways appriciated your efforts and look forward to adding new cars to my cable..

I am also sure i can get a few people to make the "switch" now that you offer the cable trade-ins

I would also like ot know the answer about cable tradein's i have a buddy who has ls1-e and autotap that will be kicking down your door soon i am sure..
    -Bill
    2000 Camaro V6 Boltons and a tune

Tuner in Training

Wow thats a hell of a deal for new people....

However I'm pretty upset about purchasing a second licence for $400 last week when I upgraded, For an additional $100 I could have had a 3rd car.... :-/

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by 2000Firehawk

Thanks,
    Dave
    Good question ... I see no combo for EDIT/ATAP you guys going to give us one

So if I have spent close to $1000 with HPT (2 lic + upgrade) Is there any chance I could get another lic added for free? Will I get the pro version free? I will stick with HPT and pay for future upgrades but after spending $1000 bucks I would hope to get something new customers are getting for half the price!

02 Formula M6

Advanced Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler

Prolly not. You bought HPTuners knowig you had those packages. You didnt know they were comming with this good of a deal, the good thing is

EDIT NOW HAS A RESALE VALUE.....

YOU CAN SELL IT TO YOUR BUDDIES OR ANYONE AND THYE CAN TRADE IT IN ON AN HPTUNERS PACKAGE. YOU CAN SELL IT TO THEM FOR WHAT IT COSTS IN CREDITS.....

It is not my problem, but a friend's (mfrnka) who I convinced into leaving the LSEdit fold. I really leaned on him to do it, so I feel bad about him getting screwed. You can read his post above....
    2007 CTS-V LS2

Quote Originally Posted by SideStep

It is not my problem, but a friend's (mfrnka) who I convinced into leaving the LSEdit fold. I really leaned on him to do it, so I feel bad about him getting screwed. You can read his post above....
    I feel you... he can always advertize the cable to ANYONE and specify they WILL be able to trade it in for HPTUNERS. I would sel the whol package for 50 less than what it cost in credits. He will have made 300 for another license or for some more mods

Tuner

That is a nice deal!

Unfortunately I just bought the standard package less than two weeks ago :-[
    2007 VR z06...stock right now

Couple guys have asked but no responses yet.

Say I have 1 car type on my cable. I add another for $199. What happens with my support? Im guessing I get 6 months added to my existing support?
    99 Hugger Orange Z28 M6
    Lid | Long Tubes | Pulley | LS6 Intake | Ported Tbody
    9" | 4.10's | Torque Arm | Panhard Bar | Lower Control Arms
    337rwhp/339rwtq
    8.355 @ 86.28 / 12.828 @ 110.85 1.971 60'

04 Black Cobra (Wife's)
    CAI | Catback | Pulley | Ported Eaton
    502rwhp/548rwtq
    track times coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by JSniper33
    Couple guys have asked but no responses yet.

Say I have 1 car type on my cable. I add another for $199. What happens with my support? Im guessing I get 6 months added to my existing support?
    yes, any new purchase (other than buying a year of s/w updates) gets you another 6 months.
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by brh26
    Ok, I am all alone on this one.....
    Yes the new structure is better for all than the old one. But it is strongly biased towards the new purchaser.

Equivalent to a new car compared to an old model, I don't think so. More like do you want one scoop of icecream on your pancakes, and oh I didn't tell you, but if you had of waited a while you could have had maple syrup too.
    I just think all the facts should be put out there to enable people to reach the best decision about their particular upgrade choice.

I'll go home now.

You're not alone man - I feel the same way, but don't really want to stir any trouble so I'm trying to keep my mouth shut. But, I do sort of think it does suck that existing customers are sorta taking it in the shorts as opposed to new buyers I'll explain my situation so people can see where we're coming from: I bought my Standard Suite a month ago for $499. Last week, I sent payment for the EIO at the discounted price (which was really cool) of $75. Now, I find out that if I would have waited to order until today, I would have gotten support for BOTH of my vehicles for only $75 more! So, let's break it down:

Current situation: $499 (Standard Suite) + $75 (EIO Upgrade) + $199 (1 more vehicle) = $773!

As oppsed to $649 if I would have waited until today to order. That's alomst a $125 difference! Almost makes more sense to sell my current version and just re-purchase the whole package again! It would be cool to come to some kind of a happy medium (say $100 to add another vehicle for existing users which would still be a bit higher than buying the whole package again, but would only total to $675 as opposed to $775).... I don't really see that happening, though

Oh well, live and learn. Still a great product!
    David De Anda
    SPR - Gilbert, AZ
    '05 HD - D/A

Tuner in Training

All that the previous customers are saying is:

A: They bought HPT when new for $499 then upgraded for $75 and now have to add a second vehicle for $199. Which equals a total of $775.

or

B: They just bought the Enhanced I/O for $650 and now add a second vehicle for another $199 for a total of $850.

while

C: The new customers get the same exact package for a total of $650.

Therefore the complaint is that the existing customers are paying a decent amount more for the same thing. I see both sides of the story but being an existing customer I was hoping for a deal to come my way.

Potential Tuner

Quote Originally Posted by eatme
    All that the previous customers are saying is:

A: They bought HPT when new for $499 then upgraded for $75 and now have to add a second vehicle for $199. Which equals a total of $775.

or

B: They just bought the Enhanced I/O for $650 and now add a second vehicle for another $199 for a total of $850.

while

C: The new customers get the same exact package for a total of $650.

Therefore the complaint is that the existing customers are paying a decent amount more for the same thing. I see both sides of the story but being an existing customer I was hoping for a deal to come my way.
    Eggggggsactly ;D
    David De Anda
    SPR - Gilbert, AZ
    '05 HD - D/A

Just want a yea or nay.......

Many of us want to know if we can trade in both our
    LS1EDIT + AUTOtap towards new purchase ?

No response yet to my email send earlier today,
    or to my post above earlier today ?

Thanks,
    Dave
    2009 HHR SS automatic--- 350 HP - 450' LBS TORQUE,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
    Mostly stock - K&N air intake, TTech engine mount, 2nd cat 'cored', E47.5 tune, Lighter - wheels/tires/rotors.
    13.0's @ 110MPH, street tires, 12.28 @ 112.67 best on slicks, 1.7s 60' ETs