Thread: trouble installing VCM suite 2.2

Potential Tuner

trouble installing VCM suite 2.2

I have win 7 64 bit, and it thinks i dont have net framework, even tried downloading the one on here and it say its not compatible with 64 bit.
    How do i get it to work?

Potential Tuner
    Fixed It

Potential Tuner
    how did you fix it, please

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by camaro View Post
    how did you fix it, please
    Download the version of net framework for the 64 bit os.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    I know everyone here doesn't have the exact same laptop but F.Y.I., installing the correct drivers...and actually unzipping them was all it took for me on my 7-64 combination. I hope this helps SOMEBODY!

I'm having the same challenge can anyone elaborate on unzipping the drivers? I tried to install the 64 bit .dot package and WIN says it is already installed.

Win7 64 here. Thnx
    '18 Sierra L5P
    '03 Sierra 4.8/NV 3500: LS6 Cam, HPT Tuned
    '15 Explorer Sport - SCT, AEM (Wife says...it feels faster??)
    '01 Z06

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Closer_2001 View Post
    I'm having the same challenge can anyone elaborate on unzipping the drivers?
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_unzip_a_file
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    where do you find the files that need to be un zipped?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Tuner in Training
    Do you have to install the drivers before installing the software? I have tried installing Net Framework for my 64 bit system and it says it is already installed. Tryed installing VCM Suite 2.22 again and it says i need Net Framework. What do i have to do to get the program installed on my computer? I should be recieving my used interface this week so if i need that first please let me know.
    Last edited by HartsG8GT; 05-08-2011 at 05:49 PM.
    Daniel

Pontiac G8 GT

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by HartsG8GT View Post
    Do you have to install the drivers before installing the software? I have tried installing Net Framework for my 64 bit system and it says it is already installed. Tryed installing VCM Suite 2.22 again and it says i need Net Framework. What do i have to do to get the program installed on my computer? I should be recieving my used interface this week so if i need that first please let me know.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5228

we have been trying to install the 2.2 version with no luck at all. Got the drivers installed just fine...but every time we try to install the 2.2 we get the need NET Framework error and it is there!! Could really use some guidance here and not just a nother link to the previous information on thread 5228!
    The wife.
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbesnmina2001 View Post
    we have been trying to install the 2.2 version with no luck at all. Got the drivers installed just fine...but every time we try to install the 2.2 we get the need NET Framework error and it is there!! Could really use some guidance here and not just a nother link to the previous information on thread 5228!
    The wife.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30495

Thanks Bill,
    will try again tonight looking at this thread you cited. My XP laptop is getting ready to give up the ghost and this new Windows 7 is just not being cooperative. My wife is much sharper with the computers then I and has been great trying to help. We finally got 2.22 to load last night by uninstalling Frame 4.0 which someone mentioned says Frame work 2 is not installed, after that we got the program installed. The next issue was there was no information on my documentation and licenses on the new computer so I first pasted my user key then used the "reading entire" on one of my vehicles which it would go through but then won't allow me to same the file giving me a non recoverable error. I can go after and read the license info and both the user key and serial # will be there but below its just blank like I have no licenses. Each time I do a complete read (on any of the vehicles) the fatal error comes up and wont allow me to save the file saying something like the file on the hard drive is not accessible!

Carlos
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbesnmina2001 View Post
    The next issue was there was no information on my documentation and licenses on the new computer so I first pasted my user key then used the "reading entire" on one of my vehicles which it would go through but then won't allow me to same the file giving me a non recoverable error. I can go after and read the license info and both the user key and serial # will be there but below its just blank like I have no licenses. Each time I do a complete read (on any of the vehicles) the fatal error comes up and wont allow me to save the file saying something like the file on the hard drive is not accessible!

Carlos
    Email support with an infolog while connected to the vehicle in question and a screenshot of the error.

doesnt let me install .net framework on win7

for some reason i cant install the 2.0 net framework when i put the vcm suite 2.2 disc in it tells me to download it on the customer login but for some reason when i download it from the site it says product is not supported on a 64 bit what can i do