Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 06 Duramax Tune

Senior Tuner
    If you are running the tune from post #14, you have modified the boost starting in column 35mm3 and the ipw in column 40mm3. This is a little bit early and he may be operating in these cells. Move the fueling/boost back to starting at 60mm3 for both. You can keep values the same, just copy from the stock file back from 35mm3 to 55mm3. This should keep him out of extra fueling under normal driving. Timing will have to be recalculated after you make this change. If you had a different file post it and I will look.

Tuner
    I received more feedback and the truck get really bad mileage while towing (10 mpg). There is a lot of black smoke and at 70 mph, he is in the 1600-1900 rpm range. Any suggestions?
    2008 Corvette Coupe
    Atomic Orange, 3LT, NPP, F55, CC3 and MN6

Have to look at it when I get home... Need to get my windows partition back up and running... stupid thing...
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Senior Tuner
    I will have a look tonight when i get back to pc. How big is the trailer it is pulling.

Senior Tuner
    Put torque based fuel table back to stock. You added 20 some percent fuel and only 10 percent boost. Increase the boost to match the fuel. What was the mileage before and how big/heavy is the load?

Tuner
    The weight of the trailer is 5000 lbs and the mileage before was 14 mpg, with the stock tune.
    2008 Corvette Coupe
    Atomic Orange, 3LT, NPP, F55, CC3 and MN6

Ive never been able to get any better mileage over the stock tune. Driving habit is 95% of it if you ask me.
    Best my truck gets is 18mpg hwy and 12mpg in town when not towing. Towing my huge 12klb camper at 70mph I get about 10mpg if Im lucky. Usually its in the 9's.
    More power is easy to get and yes the allison will slip in 5th and 6th when towing heavy if you have added much power at all.
    As someone else said, the desired boost table descriptions are flipped around in HPT when tuning a 2006 duramax. Sounds like you already straightened that out though.

Try looking at my tow tune attached

Oh and please stop calling Diesel "gas"!! =]
    2006 LBZ Duramax
    5" Magnaflow turbo-back
    EGR blocked
    HP Tuned by yours truly

Anyone have a good tune i could try in a stock LBZ?
    2003 Galaxy Silver Limited Edition GTP
    Mods: 2.8 MPS | S2IC | XP CAM | GEN V | 65# | E85 | TOGS | N* TB | HPT PRO | Impala Brakes | BUILT TRANS w/3.29 GRS

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ 6.2
    Mods: HPT PRO

Potential Tuner
    ^ does it need to tow ?