Thread: O2 sensor questions

Advanced Tuner

O2 sensor questions

Is it poss to remove front O2 sensor and replace with a wideband and have car just run off front pass O2 sensor? I know where i can get a LM1 for a really good price. Is this pretty good? Sounds like a hard install. I'm looking for an EASY to use wideband. Any info would be great.
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Re: O2 sensor questions

You can have the best of both worlds. You can do exactly what you said and in addition, the LM-1 can work as both a wide band for tuning and can work as a narrow band to run the car in closed loop. The LM-1 has two outputs. One you set to go to HP Tuners with the wide band data. The other output you set to simulate a narrow band O2 and wire it to the leads for your current O2. I have never tried it but it should work.
    2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
    3.6 V6
    More MODs than Stock

2018 Ram rebel
    5.7 Hemi V8
    Stock

Advanced Tuner

Is that hard to do? Does anyone else have any input on this?
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

works like a charm, couldnt be much easier, it is all described in the lm1 user manual. Basically you just take your lm1 analog output #1 and hook to your old 02 sensor wire.
    There is no replacement for displacement?&&sure there is, its called a Blower!

Advanced Tuner

and I don't wanna pay extra money for HP tuners advanced thing. Can I read wideband data from something with the LM-1??

How about just getting a bosch 5 wire wideband sensor? Can we get that and hook to a gauge or something?
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Advanced Tuner

Wideband sensors require wideband controllers to do the translation. Kind of like the HP Tuners black box, it translates the data coming from the OBDII port. You can't just plug a serial cable into the OBDII port, has to have a translator.
    Eric - 01 Silverado 5.3 ECSB
    ET: [email protected] 1.77 60' 5200 lbs

Crappy website about my truck

My Myspace page
    Usually contains explicit material (language, etc..)
    It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time!