Thread: Throttle follower airflow

Tuner in Training

Throttle follower airflow

This applies more for electronically controlled throttle bodies, but can anyone give more detail what the "throttle follower airflow" table does (the hptuners help is only of modest help here).

Does this throttle follower airflow *ADD* to the base running airflow?
    How exactly does this happen as you open the throttle and close it?

My tuner added some base running airflow (RAF) but also jacked up my throttle follower airflow, not the car surges like the cruise control is on when I go WOT and let off the accelerator.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks
    -AT

Tuner in Training
    ok, no responses. Can I ask a simple question:

Why would anyone increase the throttle follower airflow table?

Thanks
    Alex

Tuner in Training
    yes it adds to the base running airflow tables. the throttle follower is meant to increase the airflow when you let off the acclerator. Increasing the running the running airflow numbers also can play a factor in this. What did you change on your engine to warrant the tuner changes these tables?

Tuner in Training
    The base running airflow and throttle follower airflow were increased likely due to my lightweight clutch/flywheel and U/D pulley (car is 02 Z06).

I am going to run RUSS K config and adjust base airflow,

but is there any systematic method for adjusting throttle follower airflow?

Thanks in advance
    Alex

Potential Tuner
    it helped me out a lot to have the real time tuning for adjusting follower and cracker. just start out with small amounts until you notice it changing which i think about 5-10% is a safe amount to start with

Tuner in Training
    What should one be looking for in terms of car behavior with the throttle follower airflow?
    Last edited by alextzi; 05-24-2011 at 12:28 PM.