Thread: Rough tune for planned upgrades

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb Rough tune for planned upgrades

Hey Guys,

This is my first post on here, and first EFI vehicle I have tuned. I have been doing a lot of research and comparing of other tunes with similar mods. So please go easy on me if I am way off on this stuff

What I am trying to do is get a rough tune together so that I can flash my truck as soon as I install everything (which I plan to do at the end of this month) and have it idle and drive reasonably as this is my DD.

I have a 2004 GMC Sierra 5.3 ECSB 2wd and will be installing the following:

Heads - Mild Ported 862 -> 260/200cfm @ 600 (surfaced .015)
    Cam - TSP 220/220 .581 on 112LSA
    Headers - Pacesetter 1 3/4 LTs
    Exhaust - ORY w/ Mac Catback
    Intake - Ported Stock TB, Airaid Jr
    Drivetrain - Trailblazer ~2600 Stall, Corvette Servo
    (Everything else engine/transmission wise is stock)

I have been researching and comparing other files to build my own tune... but still have a few questions and I am hoping some of you will take a look and give me your opinion...

I pulled the VE table from the repository of another’s tune that had similar mods, but it just does not seem quite the right shape when looking at it 3D. (I know I will have to tune this after everything is installed, but just looking for something rough) Any thoughts?

Also I am seeing a lot higher numbers (mine are lower) than I understand should be in the Idle Airflow vs. Coolant Temp when comparing other tunes. What do you guys think?

Any other key areas you think I need to address or am way off on?

Thank you!!

-Mike

Tuner in Training

Anyone?

Anyone?

Any thoughts?

Last edited by sdimezq8; 05-17-2011 at 08:10 PM.