Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: E85 MPG's

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    Ill be posting my latest tables in a lil bit, picked up another .5 MPG on AVG. I also haven't seen it drop while climbing the mountain to my house, which I used to. So it's def helping more and more. Im running quite a bit more part throttle timing then I was before too.
    Have you posted the updates yet? I will be running 93 octane, but I will try the cam changes. I am trying to make a case for myself for the benefits of loosing the TF dual-boost for the extra HP and mileage.

I also remember you saying that you might post another tune file to the repository soon. Have you had any time to work with that?

Thank you for all that you have done for this community.
    84 Fiero swapped 3800SC
    09 Cobalt SS

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    BYT when you run the full E setups do you run into pumping issues? i notice over here that i have to ramp in the fuel pump and loads or the fuel system stresses out. Say if i were to put in a Walboro High Flow Race pump would that alone help with the loss of fuel in the lower ranges on max load or does it require more a combo with the modified pump lobe?
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 11-06-2011 at 10:51 AM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    Has anyone gained substantial MPGs using 91 or 93 octane with these cam tables?

Obviously you can't run those timing tables on the 91-93 octane.

i picked up about 4 mpg but i have a outrageously ported head. i have seen these pick up from 1-2 city and 3-4 highway but down here highway is 45 lol

Advanced Tuner
    I know this post is older but I have a question, when you said "All of the Cam and Timing tables match those, meaning all of each are the same as teh 1 posted above" do you mean the warm and cold tables?

Everyone, thanks for sharing the information...

Each cam has 4 tables for main operation. Min/min min/max max/min and max/max iirc they need to be the same. They should be clustered together in the editor.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Each cam has 4 tables for main operation. Min/min min/max max/min and max/max iirc they need to be the same. They should be clustered together in the editor.
    Thanks, That's what I thought but I wanted to be sure.

Advanced Tuner
    These are the tables I was referring too.

Dennis

Yea ok so intk base warm and cold = same/same
    And the Exh base warm and cold = same/same also

Some people change catalyst heating but once the car is warmed up which isn't long after startup it uses the base warm/cold tables

Advanced Tuner
    cobaltssoverbooster, thanks

So the new tables that were mentioned to be good gains never got posted? Even gmtech's cam tables in his thread, the link for the pic is dead. Can anyone help me out? Thx

Potential Tuner

Steps to maximize E85 mileage

Can you tell me what to change to the ignition timing on a Ford Focus 2L DI Flex Fuel engine to maximize mileage on E85? How much should I retard or advance the timing? Should I run lean with E85? I'm not interested in more power. I want to keep the power the same as gasoline, but up the mileage with E85. Thanks so much. Don Siefkes 586-596-4765 Also can e-mail me at [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by BackyardTurbo_FTW View Post
    This past weekend I went on a road trip with the Cobalt and my plan was while on the drive, I was going to maximize the mileage! So I played and gained a SUBSTANTIAL amount of MPG's! Im now getting better MPG on the E Blend then I was getting on 93 alone. Given, if I work on similar changes with the pump gas tune I could prolly make that better still. This was till a huge improvement!

Here's my Cam and Timing Tables:

All of the Cam and Timing tables match those, meaning all of each are the same as teh 1 posted above

See if you gain some MPG's as well!
    Last edited by donsiefkes; 05-26-2018 at 09:04 AM.

your gas mileage will come from reducing the amount of fuel being used under cruise conditions. typically comes from shifting cams to reduce overlap in cruise and running some advance up.
    its a balance between minimal airflow required to make enough torque to achieve the task. when you find the balance the mpg shoots up.

you posted in the GM section so you wont be getting any values specific to you from this section of the forum.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    I know this post is older but I have a question, when you said "All of the Cam and Timing tables match those, meaning all of each are the same as teh 1 posted above" do you mean the warm and cold tables?

Everyone, thanks for sharing the information...
    I was wondering the same thing. Thanks for asking!

Advanced Tuner
    Bringing this back from the dead.

I decided to give BYT's cam tables another shot with the 7163/E60 setup (GMTech's as well, both extremely similar). I noticed a notable drop in overall fuel mileage with both sets of tables after but I can say without a shadow of a doubt, they offer an incredibly smooth driving experience and add a bit of pep in the mid-range. There's definitely a trade-off, economy vs performance.

I would highly suggest giving these cam tables a go! Just make sure that all of you supporting tables are dialed in a well.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan