Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E85 MPG's

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin85 View Post
    I've been trying to mix and match and then see if there are any gains to be had at WOT.

I'm working on things and I feel like I'm going nowhere with these tabels and just confusing myself lol.
    Most of the tables posted are just about facotry under full load and high rpms. Your not going to see much there mainly throttle response or milage
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet08 View Post
    Most of the tables posted are just about facotry under full load and high rpms. Your not going to see much there mainly throttle response or milage
    Yeah, just testing things for myself and learning everything it does. I'm always tinkering lol.

I really wish I had E85 to work with. I feel so left out on power. My only options now are meth and abigger turbo lol
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Meth is fun. Buy a kit. You wont regret it, especially since you dont have E85.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

I have a kit, just haven't installed it yet. Waiting on BYT's TB spacer.

I'm also in need of a new nozzle that I just haven't gotten around to purchasing yet.
    Total Masshole.
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD

Tuner in Training
    36 MPG average on the DIC on the drive to work today. It's about 10 miles of 60mph then 4 miles of stop and go and a quick few mile of highway. Very boring drive going for MPG though.

Not e85 btw

tried them out today and my car liked it, 30ish mpgs compared to 24ish. Thanks Nick!

Anyone see slightly higher exhaust temps with these? During cruise I've seen around 1100 -1260 degrees...
    Total Masshole.

The Cat Temp readout is just a internal calculation, not real.

I know, but with previous cam tables I had, I remember cruise temps being around 960's.

I'm not really concerned with it, just curious
    Total Masshole.

Advanced Tuner
    Finally got numbers with these tables. The LNF got about 270 until the gas light came on. Filled on 280miles. That is a 12 gallon 1:1 91 E85 mix.

HNR - was that mainly taking it easy or were there some good pulls in there too?

I am trying to find out what kind of timing i need to be running in my midrange on the lsj with e85.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06cobaltss/sc View Post
    HNR - was that mainly taking it easy or were there some good pulls in there too?

I am trying to find out what kind of timing i need to be running in my midrange on the lsj with e85.
    That was taking it easy.

I am 100% E85 with my LSJ and get about 230-240 out of the tank... I have my timing 38-42 mid I think. I cant remember and dont have my computer with me to check.

So basically stage 2 timing for the mid tables?

Advanced Tuner
    I think I took the tables I had, which I assume were stock, and added about 3-4 degrees of timing. I probably can go more I just have not yet. I have been making sure my car runs right WOT then going to mess with cruise timing for possible gas mileage gain. When I get my HPT box back and start tuning again I will let you know what I come up with.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm considering tinkering with this but as it stands with the stock tables, I'm seeing 28 calculated MPG running 1:1

I'll give it a shot and post back.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

I currently adjusted my timing table to an "old" table that I ran a long time ago, roughly a year or two ago when I was on e85. I notice the car is MUCH more responsive at lower speeds. For example if I needed to accelerate I generally was at -10 vac when I am taking it easy, now I can be at -15 vac and get better fuel economy and up to cruising speeds quicker.

I haven't done any calculations yet, but what I am testing is essentially stage 2 timing + 8-10 degrees in certain cells. So for example a lot of the stage 2 cruising timing is in the low 30s, say 32-34 and I am running 40-42 give or take.

PS: I have never experienced knock on e85 and I am pushing A LOT of air through this motor, "more then 95% of lsj owners" I love corn gas =D.

I've been pushing it further still, Ill know on the ride home if it's better or not. Ill post up the latest tables if it's better still

Byt - If you get a chance to ever do the midrange on the lsj please let me know what your results are. Also, when you are all said and done with your lnf, let me know how much timing you increased over stock so I can try it on my lsj.

I notice the more timing I run, the easier it accelerates and quicker it gets to top speed, however I haven't noticed an increase/decrease on gas mileage yet, but I haven't driven a whole lot lately. Either way, we will see what I get at half a tank, the dic says im averaging around 30mpg, on the highway dic is great says I can get anywhere from 35-40, but city is absolutely horrible lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes BYT is probably adjusting advance timing but he is achieving the mileage with Cam timing adjustments, which LSJ is not capable of. As stated in other threads up your mid-range timing and possibly change low rpm so boost is disabled.

You will gain mileage by adjusting the timing alone. Making the car accel with less effort will keep your foot on the pedal lighter and use less gas. Ill be posting my latest tables in a lil bit, picked up another .5 MPG on AVG. I also haven't seen it drop while climbing the mountain to my house, which I used to. So it's def helping more and more. Im running quite a bit more part throttle timing then I was before too.

On the LSJ - I would just keep bumping up the part throttle areas and smoothing the table until you start to see knock finally, then back off slightly. Keep the table smooth and don't make any quick ramping changes to the higher timing. Being smooth seems to help with getting it as high as possible without knocking!