Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Timing Calculator how to

Senior Tuner
    Image Shack was used to host the pictures, it has gone to crap so the pics are disappearing. You copy each table into the calculator seperately(or just the highlighted portion back to each if it still shows it). Yes, low medium and high.

Tuner in Training
    When adding the table back to low mid and high, can you not just subtract the differences? Also, with adding 20% fuel and 10% boost to pulsewidth then running the calculator and making sure everything stays at or below 30*, do I need to worry about my stock alli?

I too have a 2005.

Also do i add the table to only three specific places in hpt?

Tony

Tuner in Training
    Also, Do I only copy main PW? or do I need to do something with the "Main PW (no pilot)" and "Pilot PW"

Potential Tuner
    Hi All,
    Anyone have a timing calculator for the 2015 LML?

Tuner in Training
    so i have to repeat the process for each main(pilot and non pilot)' then the warm, and then cold tables? im tuning an lbz with tunercat 2, so please forgive me for now. hptuners is my next purchase. i feel like i need to not adjust the fuelling pulse width in cold nor warm but should perform the timing calcs because of my main fuel pressure table being changed.

i ask questions like this so future searches yield more beneficial results for those that are learning.

thanks a ton,

Chris

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkRouter View Post
    Hi All,
    Anyone have a timing calculator for the 2015 LML?
    Would really love to see it too.

Right now i'm sorting things with '11 using competitor's product.
    I have some experience building tunes for '01-'10, but this thing puzzles me a bit mainly in injection timing department.
    Guess i'll try using HPT scanner 'cause i've seen really weird things in "other" scanner - timing changes with speed, negative values when going slow become a bit high on highway - in fact, at 70Mph even stock timing is damn near figures i'm comfortable with.
    Maybe i'll start a thread here after i use HPT as a sanity check.

BTW there are no timing correction tables in LML file opened with HPT. Exactly the same problem as with "other" product... and there must be lots of them.
    '03 Topkick C5500 LB7/A5
    '04 Silv cclb 2500HD LB7/A5
    '10 Ram ccsb 2500 6.7/A6

Potential Tuner

duramax tuning

I know this is old thread but why cant I use the spread sheets? nothing will DL

2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    When using the timing calculator for an LB7, do you use the Main PW table or the Main PW(no pilot) table?

Quote Originally Posted by wjpellc View Post
    When using the timing calculator for an LB7, do you use the Main PW table or the Main PW(no pilot) table?
    Main table

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedrayner View Post
    I know this is old thread but why cant I use the spread sheets? nothing will DL
    You're not the only one. Anything that says "check this out" or "use this spreadsheet" has no link for download and still nothing even if you hit "quote" to see if there's any hidden original html format.

Senior Tuner
    Here you go.

just trying to better understand how to use the calculator. I have copied and pasted all the tables into the appropriate places, but nothing seems to have changed?????

Thanks for the work on the Calculator.

The problem I am running into is that the numbers from my stock LMM map don't match the calculator. As an example the calculator Fuel rail pressure go from RPM 0, 100, 200, 300, etc and Fuel Quanitity goes to 125 where as my Table increments from 0 to 120 by 5's and my RPM's don't match anywhere near. Attached a screen shot.

Thanks Rick
    Attached Images Attached Images

Potential Tuner
    where is this table i keep reading about with the spreadsheet? ive looked maybe 100 times and can not find it lo. thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Here you go.
    i see people say the keep reposting it but i fail to see it?

Tuner in Training
    Anyone done this on a 2.8 duramax?

Senior Tuner
    Here's your 10 year update. LMM is updated.

Injection Timing Calculator 2020.xls

You are amazing mecanicman and one dedicated soul. Props to you and thank you. Just getting into my LMM... timing is everything.....no pun intended haha

Tuner in Training
    Which table is suppose to be copied to "timing base default" table in the calculator? The original instructions were
    Goto Engine, Fuel, Diesel, Base Injector Timing Main Pulse Timing, Default Low Alt Lo.
    Copy to spreadsheet.
    The closest I can find is Engine>diesel timing>main even>Default low alt lo at the very bottom, however, that tables row/column header values do not match the calculator, while the other tables in that section such as default low alt hi do match.