Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shift pressure in D vs Shift pressure in L/1

Tuner
    I've tried changing the shift time but it seems to take around 2 seconds for that next gear change to happen. Perhaps the trans isnt happy with shifting with the engine rpm that high. Tomorrow I'll poke around the traction control settings to see if its doing torque reduction for the shifts. That could why its not making the shift since its cutting back on torque by cutting in with the throttle just before the target shift rpm.

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Yeah, looks like that ETC thing under the Fuel Cutoff tables tried to cut your throttle value by at least 3% at one point! I think you're getting close here.
    Last edited by Dr. Nopps; 06-04-2011 at 09:38 PM.

Tuner
    EDIT: I think i may have found the issue in the Trans Abuse Mode Torque Reduction table

EDIT-2:
    Turns out I was stupid and forgot to completely zero out that table and it had torque reduction taking place at 7128 rpm and up, but it linearizes out the value between it and the previous rpm snap point.
    I zeroed out that table and its shifting perfectly on Low and D settings. All that is left to do is fine tune the shift times table and it'll be ace.
    Attached is the log
    Starts at beginning and an unoffical 0-60 run at 1m 40s (too much wheelspin on start ) with a follow through to the next gear to see how it shifts.

One question off topic regarding the balancing shaft. I've read mixed opinions about it. Some say get a delete kit and others say just to get a neutral shaft. Just wondering If i can get some input here. The delete kit looks a bit more involved since there are bushings that have to be pressed into the engine block to block off the oil to deleted shaft.

EDIT:
    just another note re knock retard
    i have the timing not as advanced as I normally have on the spark since gas right now for "premium" is around $4.30 here
    Last edited by viceroykarl; 06-08-2011 at 04:49 AM.