Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DSP Switches for HP?

Potential Tuner
    Yea I haven't bit the bullet yet and buy one, when I do I'm going after any old DSP switch where I have to drill a hole in something. The other thing I'm having a hard time with is messing with my ECM, I would rather not mess a very important item like that up. I would much prefer to let somebody that has done it a few times install it. If I work up the courage to do it I will test it out and let you know.

I plan to go with an EFI tune at some point, fortunately I know the owner of a shop that has one of the best Duramax tuners in the country. I did the HP tuners thing as more of a temporary, a buddy of mine owns the tuner, I bought the credits from him mainly so I could kill my speed limiter and a few other things.

http://www.btdieselworks.com/product...t-dsp-5-switch

Tuner in Training
    Im trying to figure out if I can load my hptuners tunes to my cts for the on-the-fly thing. Any Ideas?

Potential Tuner
    Any news on if the dps5 switch will work or not?

Potential Tuner
    this is a long shot, but i would like to know the outcome of this experiment. I know this thread is old. Never hurts to ask.

Advanced Tuner RandomEnthusiast's Avatar
    I doubt it since it'c a custom os.

Tuner in Training
    i am also interested in an on the fly tune change ability.

Tuner in Training
    After doing some research on the subject of using dsp switches with hp tuners it will not work unless we can talk the guys at hp into designing a custom OS like efi live has and getting a switch. this would probably be difficult to do if efi live has a patent on their OS. but if they would make a custom OS for a dsp switch they would definitely make more $$$$$$$$. I've got people who would love for me to tune their truck but they want the ability to switch from hot rod to tow rig without having me come to them and re-flash every single time.

Tuner in Training
    the more i look into this the more i think this is a feasible thought. even if hp tuners charged extra to use the custom operating system, it would be well worth it. i have no idea how hard it is to create an operating system like efi has for the dsp switches, but i would certainly be willing to be the guinea pig to see how it works if bill or whoever would make the operating system.

Tuner in Training
    I really think there are so few of us tuning dmax that we don't have the backing to make it worth there time.. it would be awesome though.
    2005 Chevy C4500 Kodiak, Daily Driver and RV Puller.
    Straight pipe 5 inch stacks
    HP Tuner Twisted
    Monroe Tow Body
    Link Air ride

Tuner in Training
    yeah i know its a bummer, but if thy would look into it and made it possible they could blow efi out of the water. i mean look at all the duramax's that ride around with efi live. they could have that many and more riding around with hp if they would just do it

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Webbracing03 View Post
    I really think there are so few of us tuning dmax that we don't have the backing to make it worth there time.. it would be awesome though.
    and i think the reason there are few using this platform is because the other platform has more to offer for this application.

Senior Tuner
    About the best you can hope for right now is to get an Edge Insight Pro and load several HP custom tunes on that. At least then you won't need the laptop and can load tunes from the tuner.
    Jaime

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bmftransam View Post
    I believe EDGE products is in the process of having the capability to load 5 of your tunes onto their CTS touch screen on the fly tuner. They told me in the spring time they should be able to do it this fall or winter, I will get in touch with their engineer and see what the word is...
    Yes, you have to have the Insight PRO. If you have the insight Edge offers a software upgrade for about $150.

Potential Tuner l3thal_mechanic's Avatar
    Second on the Edge Insight Pro. Holds tunes AND views PIDs? Yes please!
    1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L LB7
    General Motors is my life