Thread: Full lean cruise

Potential Tuner

Full lean cruise

While driving around town my afr is fine but as soon as I am at aconstant speed my WB reads full lean, I have also seen full rich. This only happens like 100miles after calibrating. I've have tried a few things but to no avail. Is it okay to be full lean at cruise? Any ideas?

Not really, how about posting a log and tune.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Senior Tuner
    Do your narrowbands agree that you are dead lean?

Potential Tuner
    I will try and get a log and tune up tomorrow. AS far as my narrow bands I dont believe so. Or at least notthe last time I scanned while this was going on. However I do keep getting a o2 sensor one code like once every 3 months.

Potential Tuner
    alright guys so here is my log and tune. It turns out my NBs are agreeing with the WB. This has been frustrating me for about a year and everyone ive asked about it seems to be stumped. Under WOT the trims 0 out perfectly. But as you can see in the tune at a constant cruise 25-36mph I can lock the NB, WB, and stft at dead rich or dead lean.

If I calibrate the car, disconnect the battery, or just dont drive the car for about a week it wount do this until a couple days of daily driving.

Now before you say "hey your IATs and idle are really high" let me explain that this is a 3800 fbody with a Powerdyne, no intercooler, and I moved the idle up to get rid of the clunky sound from the blower.

And this is a 1995 car with a 97 pcm, it just swapped in. Plug and play.
    To my knowledge all of the NBs are original. I also have the NB right before the cat disconnected and that is where my WB is installed. The post cat NB is also deleted.

Potential Tuner
    No one even has a clue? No suggestions?

clearing your trims after a flash?

Potential Tuner
    Yup reset them before scanning

Potential Tuner
    I do believe I will just set the coolant temp to 284 to run the car in open loop all the time. And since I will probably run a little rich while in open loop reduce the PE table some.

Looking at your log, I see some strange things. neg timing for one, 02 mv going rich and hanging and lean. I would get the latest beta from support and relog it, and post a new log with a full list of detailed mods.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    Looking at your log, I see some strange things. neg timing for one......
    Negative timing.... It's a 1997 thing.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Potential Tuner
    I forced the car into PE and open loop at 1500-2500 rpm and now my AFR is nearly perfect.

Tuner in Training
    i have the same problem on my L67 that i will be posting up a possibility but my O2 sensors drops to 0mv then my car riches up then throws an o2 sensor 1 heater performance fault

Potential Tuner
    See I replaced the o2 that was giving me problems and it changed nothing. But I'm not sure its a problem running 17afr with no load on a cruise if I'm not getting any kr.