Thread: Applying VCM Enhancement to my '99 C5

Applying VCM Enhancement to my '99 C5

I want to add RTT enhancement to my daily driver '99 Corvette. Unfortunately when I open the Operating System window, the only available ECM enhancements I get for it are (see attached screen shot on left):
    1 Bar MAP - SD Enhanced (12593359 to 1270017)
    2 Bar MAP - SD (12593359 to 1251017 RTT)

So it looks like RTT is only available for my car if I use a 2 Bar MAP?

I also have a second '99 Corvette ECM that I plan to use for my '69 Nova conversion. When I open the Operating System for that ECM I get the whole array of ECM enhancements (see attached screen shot on right)

So would there be any problem if I write entire the 9373372 ECM to my daily driver's ECM? Would that allow me to have 1 Bar MAF Enhanced with RTT or is my daily driver's ECM limited due to the model number?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its not an operating system gm offered for your pcm originally then it might cause issues.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So after some more reading it seems that '99 manual Corvettes did indeed have 2 operating systems:
    VCM OS: 12593359 Controller: P01 Seed: 6C71
    VCM OC: 9373372 Controller: P01 Seed: 1AF7

Does that also mean that the ECMs are different? If I do write the OS onto the other ECM and it is not compatible what issues will it cause and is it reversible?

Or maybe I'll just keep tuning it without RTT like I've been doing the past couple years.

Look what a Google search produced: http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showpo...2&postcount=29

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    12593359 (and a few others) will most likely will not be RTT supported. There is not enough room in the operating system to accomodate the changes needed. We could put the mod in the cal section, but don't want the hassle of you emailing support when you write the stock cal and kill the VCM.
    So, I'll be stuck without RTT. At least I'll have it on my Nova, where I'll need it even more for the forced induction tuning.