Thread: turbo 4.8 feels flat

turbo 4.8 feels flat

Ive just installed a mp70 onto my 4.8 Silverado. Its all stock internally. Have five-0-motorsports 60lb injectors.
    Well Ive insertete some injector data ive found from other 60's but im not sure if this is even close to what i need. afr's look ok on w/b.
    do i need to keep playing with the injector data or start tweakin the ve table which is stock at this moment.
    Thanks for any input

Tuner in Training
    looks like its only running on 1-4degrees of timing when in boost....should be able to run around 15 -16 degrees with it properly tuned on 93

yea. i just pulled a bunch of timing in spots that i thought would be appropriate. its actually set a 8* right around that though. what are you seeing 4* at? thanks!
    Last edited by cfaluck13; 06-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Tuner in Training
    at around 4:11 in the scan and a bunch of other places....13-14* should be fine if you are running 93 and want to be safe....just check your wideband and make sure it reads between 11.0 to 11.5 during the pulls....i see that you are running a maf still so you will have to tweak it to get the proper fueling

Senior Tuner
    Look at your timing and intake air temps where I have the cursor. Then look at the Spark > Advance > IAT Spark Correction table in the tune. I'm going to guess you don't have an intercooler.

nope i sure dont, i dont see your cursor either.
    Last edited by cfaluck13; 06-27-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Tuner in Training
    when it builds boost your iat's skyrocket.....which pulls timing... thats why it feels like a turd.....put a intercooler on it and it will make a big diff....

[QUOTE=19trans_am98;260823]when it builds boost your iat's skyrocket.....which pulls timing... thats why it feels like a turd.....put a intercooler on it and it will make a big diff....[/QUOT

I know I need one bad. Thats in future plans. As for now I can just lower the IAT spark advance correction to get the timiing thats in the main table. I just need to watch knock very closley...correct?

Tuner in Training
    that will work but will have a better chance of knock...start out just adding a couple degrees at a time till it gets knock then back it off 1* or 2

Thats what ill do, since i have not hooked up light in my boost gauge yet

added some more timing add it feels much better. im sure theres still a lot left to tweak

bumpity. anyhelp? I know i need to adjust the main timing back down and use the IAT spark advance table to get my timing in. But im just looking for another set of eyes or two on here. thanks!
    Last edited by cfaluck13; 06-29-2011 at 07:29 PM.