Thread: 2.93 to 3.69 gear swap

2.93 to 3.69 gear swap

I'm going to be changing gears in a park ave from 2.93 gears to 3.69. I know how to make the change when going from 2.93 to 3.29 by entering 3.69 with stock tire size and hit commit. But what do I enter to go from 2.93 to 3.69?

Thanks.
    Dan

http://www.thurs.net/dan/personal/bonnie Objects in mirror are losing!

Russ Kemp

Cool, thanks, I was figuring it was somewhere around 4.10 So just enter that with stock tire size and done right?
    Dan

http://www.thurs.net/dan/personal/bonnie Objects in mirror are losing!

Is there an actual way to calculate this or is it written down somewhere?
    HAI, 180* T-stat, Autolite 104's, NorthStar, Gen V, 1.8 SLP Rockers, SLP Ported Headers, Custom 3" Downpipe w/high flo cat, Dynomax Catback Exhaust, DHP PCM, Fuzzy Dice Mod.

Tuner in Training
    I realize this is an OLD thread, but I would like to know the answer to intimidators question... It would be helpful. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    If your asking about tire size? It can be calculated perfectly by airing up tires to your normal air pressure and then with tires warmed (driven on for 10 minutes or more, place a mark where your front tire and the road meets on both tire and road then roll car forward until the mark on the tire comes in the same position again, then mark road. Then simply measure the distance between the 2 marks on the road and that is your tire size as driven!

Tuner in Training
    3.69/3.29=(1.12158)*3.69=4.13

Tuner
    I didn't know you had to do this. Thanks for the info, I'll be doing a similar swap on my Lesabre.