Thread: How much RWHP will a stock LS2 fuel pump handle?

How much RWHP will a stock LS2 fuel pump handle?

I had to swap injectors to make over 511 RWHP in my 06 A6 Vette and now I about to spray a small wet shot like 50hp and I will be running a fuel pressure gauge to see if the fuel pressure drops off. I just want to know ahead of time if the stock fuel pump will make it?

Without a BAP I'd say ~550 RWHP.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Potential Tuner
    I think your already at its limit.

Yup I think so.

Tuner
    Only takes about a hour and a half to change it out to a walbro 255 and then you should be good to 600rwhp. I'm at 609rwhp (procharged) with a 255 and a bap but my system is done at 6500rpms, I see around a 10 psi drop.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhallex View Post
    Only takes about a hour and a half to change it out to a walbro 255 and then you should be good to 600rwhp. I'm at 609rwhp (procharged) with a 255 and a bap but my system is done at 6500rpms, I see around a 10 psi drop.
    I was going to run a small shot to hold me over but decided not to. I will easily acheive well over 700 rwhp on a 200 shot of nitrous so I'm going to run a seperate fuel system. It will just be a simple 1/2 gallon cell with a small return style system. This way I can run race gas in the cell and have the extra fuel with out having burn a bunch on race gas to and from the track.

Quote Originally Posted by kjhallex View Post
    Only takes about a hour and a half to change it out to a walbro 255.
    You obviously don't own a vette. Swapping pumps in the C6 is a real PITA. Choose between dropping the drivetrain or losing a lot of skin on your hands and arms.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5_Liter_Eater View Post
    You obviously don't own a vette. Swapping pumps in the C6 is a real PITA. Choose between dropping the drivetrain or losing a lot of skin on your hands and arms.
    LMAO sure don't, fail on my part thought you said a gto.