Thread: How am I suppose to tune for this?

How am I suppose to tune for this?

My AFR WB is fluxating under one MAF cell, 9500 Hz (approx, it's all the same cell) and it's causing KR when it goes lean. I'm not sure how to address this problem when it's all under one MAF cell, 9500 Hz. Could it be a fuel issue? I have a 3 week old AC Delco Fuel Filter; Racetronix fuel pump; ZZP fuel pump rewire; and ZZP voltage booster. I have 65# injectors with a max INJ Duty of 60% for this scan. Mods are simple, L32 GenV with 3.4; XP cam; and TOGs.

Last edited by dlclarkiiRegal; 07-05-2011 at 07:39 PM.
    2007 Pontiac G6 GTP ~ 3.6 VVT (LY7 10.2:1) w/ 6 speed auto/manual tap)
    14.358 N/A @ 96.57 mph
    2001 Regal LS ~ L32 GenV M90; PLX SM-AFR WB; 3.4 Blower Pulley; 18* WOT; XP CAM; TOGs; N* TB; Dynotech Stage 2 Trans
    13.288 @ 104.23 mph

Car Domain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2291346/1

Tuner
    Looks like every where it is lean, the EGR appears to be moving. Voltage almost doubles at the EGR in those areas. Could that possibly be a problem?

Post a log and tune.
    Last edited by Ryze; 07-05-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Don't look like a MAF problem, or a AFR problem. But what I do see is your speed when you have the KR. Could be a noisy transmission. Do you have a shift kit? I've seen those help ease some KR, but mostly at the shift points. How much boost are you running? You may be trying to push a little to much timing for the boost you have. I would try going one pulley larger and try that. Your better off with less boost and more timing. Aim for 18* of timing at WOT.
    Dan

http://www.thurs.net/dan/personal/bonnie Objects in mirror are losing!

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryze View Post
    Looks like every where it is lean, the EGR appears to be moving. Voltage almost doubles at the EGR in those areas. Could that possibly be a problem?

Post a log and tune.
    i was thinking that myself because the voltage changes on the egr when the knock is showing so it could be the egr but that's a shot in the dark...

Advanced Tuner
    It is an AFR problem. Notice you are commanding 11.1 the entire time, but not getting 11.1 on the wideband..

The peaks in the knock are preceded by odd drops in injector pulsewidth. The PCM is, for some reason you need to find, lowering the amount of fuel being pushed out.

Regarding the EGR voltage.... Shouldnt be changing under PE as EGR is disabled under PE (unless OP is using something to change that beyond HPT as it does not support altering the EGR parameters in this way right now).... My guess, OP is using the EGR line for the OP's wideband, soooooooooo.. Higher EGR voltage is occurring with leaner exhaust. Thus, nothing to do with this issue.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.