Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: One of my first attempts

One of my first attempts

This is one of my first attempts, but after browsing alot trough the forum i found one of terms old tables, i hope its ok that i tried it out. But i loaded that combined with some other stuff. Now this timing table seems to be pretty agressive, but i saw little to no knock, none in the pulls but slight knock when cruising. I just wanted to see if any of you guys had time to look over my file/log and make and suggestions or give me any pointers. Im not looking for you to give me exact tables just point e in the right direction because the car still takes ~7 sec to go 60-100 and im tring to find other stuff to mess with to get more power. Any help is appreciated.

I know my trims are off i didnt adjust them before i ran this file, and it misses pretty bad at the end im gonna be checking my plugs this weekend.

The fuel trims are absolutely insane Greg LOL.. 50s on the LT and ST! You will never go fast like that!

#1, don't try and make more power until you get that inline. Trims should be step 1 when tuning the car. Then work on the WG table to get it to hold boost where you want it. Then work on timing.

yeah, funny thing is i logged it before advancing the timing and then changed the fuel trims and they became worse then fore i looked over during the log and saw 20 and i was like ok im gonna stop lol. Im going back to a base tune tonight to redo the trims and then up everything back up when i get them all set.

Start with a stock tune until you figure out how to get the trims right. No point in trying to blow it up

but then thats no fun lol
    Last edited by Dayhoff35; 07-08-2011 at 12:53 PM.

ok tuned it for trims still dialing them in better day by day. I keep messing stuff to and seem to be gettign most of it. Heres my new log, some knock but im gonna tune it out tomorrow.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayhoff35 View Post
    ok tuned it for trims still dialing them in better day by day. I keep messing stuff to and seem to be gettign most of it. Heres my new log, some knock but im gonna tune it out tomorrow.
    greg what does the tune with that log look like?
    id like to compare it. because i show a decent maf average and maf base average could use some working but when i look at your stft only over the maf base table its still -50's

your adjusting it just like this right?
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35129

i can make another how to for a custom pid as well just let me know and ill make one at night for you
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

i have the pid for it im pretty sure just never applied it to the tune all i did was apply the maf correction and maf freq. tables.

using a factory maf hz calibration and then start the steps from the begining always got me damn near all 0's a few 1's here and there but were expected.

this is the config im using and im seeing the -50 trim problem on histo #6
    now if yours is set up different than mine as far as custom pids or histos then that could be why your stft is so far skewed. all the sensors and pids you are using in your custom histo are now in that special table i showed you so they can all be read by the scanner properly?

i only ask because i dont have your config file to read your scan with so i cant see what your looking at 100% i can see what im looking for.

config should include:
    MAF tables, Boost Tables for up to and over 23 psi(lower charge sensor), Cam shift tables, KR, and last but not least a VE histo based on load and rpm so you know if your changes are good.

yeah i have it in my scanner its #6 in mine, now for the dumb question what table do i apply this histo too

its more of a reference to me. it lets me know if the base table is calculatinfg correctly. if you adjust the maf hz and base table and the trims are way off in that table something is wrong.

ah ok i was about o say i have no idea where you would apply it to. My trims seem to be dialed in for the most part i know the ltfts are good just continuing to adjust the stft pretty much everyday until i get them zeroed in good. For your tune do you mess with the optimum spark table at all?

i didnt change my ost's i dont know exactly what they do. i think that table is a static load reference and then the real tables are dynamic load tables. thats myt opinion on those tables but i dont know their effect

yeah i didnt know what they did either so i just stayed away, lowered my lambda down so my afr is at ~12 and my car liked it lol i learned that for f/i 11.7 is usually ideal but idk if i wanna go that rich with my afr. Also did a log again tonight and my trims are finally dialed in and got like a 5.61 60-100. Im pretty happy with it still got a little knock though(2.1 at the most). Only in 3rd gear up top though all of 2nd has no knock, i thought that was kinda weird, but im gonna mess with it some more and see if i can get all that knock out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayhoff35 View Post
    yeah i didnt know what they did either so i just stayed away, lowered my lambda down so my afr is at ~12 and my car liked it lol i learned that for f/i 11.7 is usually ideal but idk if i wanna go that rich with my afr. Also did a log again tonight and my trims are finally dialed in and got like a 5.61 60-100. Im pretty happy with it still got a little knock though(2.1 at the most). Only in 3rd gear up top though all of 2nd has no knock, i thought that was kinda weird, but im gonna mess with it some more and see if i can get all that knock out.
    .88 in the pe rips pretty hard in the lnf's and as far as more knock in third well it has more dynamic load which means while in a pull it takes longer for the piston to accelerate changing the required timing.

basically a second gear pull the piston accelerates so fast you can catch more timing because its moving so damn fast through the gear. in third gear the crank is slowed by the gain of more load. so now that same timing in second gear could knock because the piston cant accelerate/move through the rpm range as fast as it can in second. its all based off of how fast the fuel can ignite and spread. well if the crank is accelerating faster like second gear the earlier timing will help it reach peak power before the piston reaches its optimal spot. now for third its moving a little slower right so you have to retard some timing so when the mixture spreads it hits that optimal spot same as when its accelerating faster in second. that was long and described in two ways does it make sense? cause thats all i could come up with
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 07-12-2011 at 11:20 PM.

yeah it makes sense i was thinking a little along the same lines, but to go about that would i just retard timing all together? Dont know what else i could mess with in hpt

Tuner in Training
    those kind of DALs and 20* up your and your not knocking??

no i didnt in that log but after that one i turned it down a bit to what i have now, but i didnt mess with the dal much are mine a bit high? i used the ones in the byt guide and havent messed with it since.

Tuner in Training
    His were peaking at 324kpa yours are 399.Try some of Iam brokes tables here http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...137#post262137 and back off those DALs. I've only been at this for a week so don't take what I say to seriously but, almost positive I'm right on this one.

i loaded those last night and im gonna try them today just havent had time