Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: One of my first attempts

thanks man, i saw a little fuel pressure drop at the start of the pull, didnt notice that until i posted here. Ill have to check that out. I have it set at 26ish psi im gonna back it down a little though. I have a new boost pid too ill post a new log with that.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    yea with the ko4 might want to run 25 psi max i found mine made some heat at over 25psi.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

yeah i lowered it down already

long time since i posted, im still mesing with my e tune and i cant get my airload close to what i am commanding, i can only hit 260 at the most before it dies off fast. My question is what tables should i look at in order to make it hold airload better and or amp it up a little. Thanks!

If the boost is where you want it, the airload is what it is, based upon the intake and any MAF freq and correction you have in the tune. It's a relative reading and nothing to get hung up on. If you can hold ~19 psi out to 6k on the stock turbo at 100% DC, I think that's all there is.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Anything over 24psi is not going to make any more whp, it will give you a slight bump in tq down low. I recommend sticking to 24 honestly.

Also, log less things! you lose some resolution with logging so much at once, some of that stuff is extremely redundant. I have a regular cfg with the stuff needed to tune and then a diagnostics one with everything broken down per cylinder if I need to find some issues. Just my .02 on that!

Post your tune, lets see what you're doing

is there any changing to be done to the maf freq and correction other then for the trims? But it hits 24 for a second and then dies off real quick, i got it to hold it before but just wanted to mess with the dals a bit.

this is what i tried out last night, held at 24 until it died off, you can see it on the log where the map just starts to fall off.

I made a bunch of changes for you to try out. I added the new Timing Tables and Cam Tables and then made some other changes. You were missing the Engine Diagnostics - Airflow High, set that to 290-300kpa like the rest.

Then a bunch of other lil things here or there, you can load that and then select compare to see how it differs from your old tune. The DAL's were way high in the top end and you should only use the Max WGDC table to adjust the boost from this point on.

I adjusted the MAF for you but it looks like you were doing way too much with the Correction table and not enough with the Freq table initially. IMO, I would 1 out the correction table and start over. Do the Freq table until it gets to +/- 2% and then do the correction table.

See if you like

ok thanks nick, i hat the timing down a bit since i was adding some extra airflow. Ill try it out soon.

got to log the tune, it pulls real hard off the start and dies off fast, got some mid range knock too when i was speeding up. Might mess with it some more tomorrow but it pulls good right now. 60-100 is the same as the last file but this one feels alot faster. Oddly enough my fastest run felt the slowest lol, but that file was really agressive.

Your car isn't holding boost for shit! lol.

Try this and see if it's any better!

see why ive been constantly messing with it lol it goes to 24 and the turbo just kills itself haha

That would mean an airleak of sorts.

Well I just put the new file on and it held I only got to 6k but it sat right at 24 the whole time, I hate you for being able to fix that after I messed with everything. But thanks nick and I got the tb spacer today. Thanks for throwing in some stickers.

NP Greg, hope you can see what I did vs what you had and then keep it going from there. Sometimes you just need a shove in the right direction

Well I messed with what you did on the second file before and it did nothing for me, my car must just like you lol

Are you changing the WG table only for boost? Unless you are making over 300 load all the way to redline you wont need to adjust the DAL. Im making 344% on my car and had to adjust slightly for that but typically dont change it from what you have.

i was messing with both, i just never really messed with the pressure rpm factor. i just did a pull and ill post the log there was a random timing dip in it before the pull. It did a 4.4 60-100 so its running pretty good! Boost dies off that time at ~5500 so not that bad i guess thats expected.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    byt are you increasing the DAL until the computer calculated load stops climbing and if the boost still isnt what you want close up the wg % until you reach desired boost level?
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 09-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman