Thread: Help Please Torque management or Maybe not?

Potential Tuner

Help Please Torque management or Maybe not?

First off my transplant set-up: Stock 6.0 LS2 out of an 06 GTO with Auto trans out of same application in an 1986 Monte Carlo. PCM is out of an 05 6.0 silverado, service number is a12589463.

Why I selected this PCM: Easy way to utilize stock cruise control switch on my swap car steering column.

Issue: Car hesitates severly from dead stop to wide open throttle.

Other than that...Car runs good, starts easy, idles perfect, cruise and light to moderate throttle is strong with no hesitation. WOT at speed is good but the car, I think, should have more pull. The codes I have are PO327 & PO332 which I think may be due to the range of the GTO sensors not being in line with what the truck program expects. This of course would retard the timing but I dont think is the dead stop WOT issue.

Question:
    I was browsing through the threads and all the traction control and or torque management threads I found were on vehicles equipped with such features. Does my configuration change the impact? Or the approach?

Bottom line that prompts the question above:My main goal for now is to set the baseline before I continue. Meaning, I want to verify the stock configuration (Engine Trans) along with Stand alone PCM and harness, I sunk a good deal of cash on, function as intended before I alter anything.

What would I convey to a tuner to look for based on my symptoms and set-up?As I have an option to send the PCM back to reprogram (assuming thats the issue) But I dont know if my particular set-up would require a different approach and would like to articulate what I want or rather need altered.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Kind regards,

Matt

Potential Tuner
    Forgot to mention the tune is for a LQ4 with spark curve from GTO

Initially I was seeing TC codes, sent back to correct and no no longer have them but Still have symptoms..

Are you using LS1 knock sensors?

Potential Tuner
    Stock GTO LS2 sensors