Thread: saved tune

Tuner in Training

saved tune

I have a tune saved on a friends laptop and cd . He purchased the the credits for me and i tuned my car. Can i purchase my own VCM Suite and copy the file from the cd or his laptop?? or do i need to purchase new credits and re-tune the car??

Thanks
    Kevin Hurley

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Every new purchase comes with 8 free credits to use as you please.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Thank you, but thats not what I was asking......wanted to know if I can use the old tune file from my friends laptop? He saved the file on a cd. Can I use this file with my new purchase of HPTuner Suite??????

Yes, Kevin, you can use this file, but as Bill said, you will be required to use two of your 8 free credits when you buy the HPTuners equipment to license your car. Remember that the tune is not licensed, the vehicle/pcm combo itself is licensed. So if 50 people all with HPTuners hook up to your car, all 50 would have to have a license for your car (unless they have the unlimited license groups or something)

So, you're going to buy the new suite, download the tune off the CD, and when you open it, it will ask you to license the vehicle, say yes and spend the 2 credits on it and you'll be all set.

Tuner in Training

saved tune

Thanks...I have the original factory file and two other files with different tunes. Can I use all these files? So... I have two GM vehicles and newly purchased HPTuner Suite...coming on Tuesday. The car and files we are talking about are for a 2008 Pontiac GXP. I also have a 2005 GTO. I will be using the laptop for both cars. Do not want to use friends laptop anymore! I do want to use all the files I have saved on cd for the GXP.

Kevin