Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spark Control when Dyno Tuning...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Jar Jar View Post
    What does the optimum spark table in the torque management tab do?
    Dont touch that ever. The computer uses it for tons of different calculations.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    Ummm yes and no.

It IS a very powerful set of tables, and yes, it should be left alone if you don't know what you're doing. You can easily make your car uncontrollable with the wrong numbers in a few places.

But no, it CAN be "touched". Mine is far from stock. I just looked and all but 6 cells are different than stock. I'm not gonna get into the specifics of what those tables do here, that's something for about a half an hour of typing and it's own thread. It's also not something that I would be comfortable putting out there to the general tuning population because like I said above, you really, really need to know how it interacts with other tables. Let's just say I wouldn't be at 3.6 seconds for a 60-100 run without those tables.

Advanced Tuner
    To sum it up the lnf has a torque based control system and it uses that table to estimate exactly how much torque its making at any given point.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    I'm going to
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    im gonna have to say this would be one of those tables i would only touch if i had real time tuning and a solid state dyno
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner
    I want real time tuning and/or more bidirectional controls for the LSJ and LNF stuff

But I hear that will never happen Could be that it's a limitation of the ECU, and not that no one wants to do the research???

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    the ecu has the capability just hpt has a shit ton on their plate with new ford and chevy ecu's being released along side of the adding all the dodge to the program as well. props to hpt team for all that work.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    as far as the original post goes, i just zero'd out the adders (ADDER, not the "remover for high iat) and multipliers on spark control above 4000rpm. that way i know that what i am commanding in the spark table is what it is actually running as long as iat's don't get crazy.
    but you would still have to re flash for each run.