Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10-11 V6 Camaro support, why not?

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 10-11 V6 Camaro support, why not?

No one actually seem to know including myself what is the exact reason why HP tuners does not offer their service for bosch E69.

Its been over 2 years and still today it outsell mustang, charger, and challenger. The demand is there tremendously! but it seem like all we get is "its low priority"

It almost seem HP guys are trying to look the other way rather than trying to take this head on. What is it with this ecm that is just a "low priority"???

Can one of you HP techs please enlighten us please? and is there any future for 10-11 V6 camaros to possibly be in HP's family?

we are looking at it, unfortunately Bosch has modified the operating system on these ECM's to restrict reading of the binary. I have a workaround in mind, but haven't had time to test it.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Potential Tuner
    Would be great to see some test results when you get the chance

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    we are looking at it, unfortunately Bosch has modified the operating system on these ECM's to restrict reading of the binary. I have a workaround in mind, but haven't had time to test it.

Chris...
    So chris, does this mean that thousands and thousands of us bosch victims can have a day to celebrate

Quote Originally Posted by V84BRKFST View Post
    So chris, does this mean that thousands and thousands of us bosch victims can have a day to celebrate
    i hope so, yes.
    I count sheep in hex...

Does that include the dreadful E77 on a pontiac G8 baby V6?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajamesbond007 View Post
    Does that include the dreadful E77 on a pontiac G8 baby V6?
    I believe its the same, or similar, issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

If thats the case, then I hope Chris's trick works!
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    This is no brainer.. this wont just support the new camaros but G8's, caddy's, and probably more that I cant think of right now..

its actually all the same issue, some E77's we can read, some not. It's a Bosch software issue not really hardware related.
    I count sheep in hex...

If you have the latest beta that might be able to tackle it, let me know. I have one as my DD.

Send me an email though at [email protected]
    I always check my email everyday, sometimes not the forum.
    Last edited by ajamesbond007; 07-14-2011 at 04:28 PM.
    Andrew

^^^Bump

(I'll be going on a trip next week, so won't be able to scan it next monday - thursday)
    Andrew

Tuner in Training
    If you need a tester for a 2011 camaro than I am open for it also when the time comes.

Here is my info too.. [email protected]

Cant wait to find out what you guys come up with..

Tuner in Training
    I signed up after hearing the news from other camaro5 members. Hopefully you guys can come through this time. The dead horse has been beat too many times.

Potential Tuner
    Be nice to have some options with this motor!

Potential Tuner
    I have LTs, hi flow cats, cat back, Injen CAI,Dynos, best positive D.A. 1/8 mile time slips on Camaro5. Glad you are putting together some options for us.

Tuner in Training
    I've stated this before and I stand by it... if HPT gets the 2010-2011 V6 Camaro support working in their software, I'll purchase immediately.

There seems to be a high demand for this, and it only seems to be going up.

Potential Tuner
    +1 on the 2011 Camaro V6.

I have a 1lt automatic. I've beta tested software and firmware before in other industries, so I'd be happy to support the development of this product as a beta tester providing both subjective and objective feedback to ensure this would be a product that is extremely successful in the marketplace.

Tuner in Training

"I've stated this before and I stand by it... if HPT gets the 2010-2011 V6 Camaro support working in their software, I'll purchase immediately.

There seems to be a high demand for this, and it only seems to be going up".

You, me, and hundreds of others, or should I say thousands.

So chris or bill, when are you guys planning on testing the workaround?

Potential Tuner
    I signed up after hearing the news from other camaro5 members. Hopefully you guys can come through this time.