Thread: No timing with throttle input and other issues?!?!

No timing with throttle input and other issues?!?!

Hey guys, after a long hard battle with the transmission swap to 4L80E on my 07 Silverado. Everything now functions as it should.

But I picked up a few incredibly strange problems. I have attached my a log file and tune.

The issues I'm having are:

1. When revved to 2500+rpm in park or neutral, the speedometer starts jumping around between 5 and 40 mph...... And the doors start locking and unlocking on their own???

2. When revved and let fall back to idle the truck just decides to retard timing out of it for no reason at an idle, and when you put your foot back in it, the timing doesn't advance, in fact it retards the timing even more with more throttle input to like try and sustain idle speed regardless of throttle position until finally you give it enough gas that the ECM decides to randomly give back the timing. This happens regardless of gear.

I'm at a total loss here with this truck, and it all happened as soon as I swapped in the TCM with a van calibration to re-enable the Cruise Control and Tow Haul mode.

The truck's WOT fueling has just gone to crap after this as well. WB sometimes shows 11.3:1 to 12.9:1? And I haven't even touched the MAF tables. Problems start to show up at frame 4754 on the log.

Hopefully you guys can make something of it, because I sure as hell can't.

Thanks,
    -Robbie.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

I'm not datalogging this Wideband on the scan btw, but it's all over the place. I think somewhat affected by the timing being so erratic is taking it's toll on how the fuel is burning. Anyone seen anything like this?

It's an 07 Silverado, crew cab 4X4.

List of mods are as follows,
    All forged 415 inch LS3 10.5:1 Cr,
    Pat G cam 232/244 .575/.595 116+2
    Port/Polish Ls3 Heads w/ Ferrea lightweight valves.
    Patriot .650 springs (I know not the best choice.)
    Ported Maggie 2300
    Zr1 injectors enlarged to 60's from FIC. (Don't flame me Steck)
    Nick Williams Ported TB
    LPE 100mm MAF (Again I know not the best choice.) Located directly in front of the TB.
    Custom 4 inch Cold Air Intake that wraps around the radiator to the front of the grille.
    4L60E TCI flexplate.
    Custom billet Yank 2600 stall for 4L80E trans to 4L60 flexplate.
    PATC Bionic 4L80E built for 1000 hp.
    Custom machined conversion tailshaft and housing for 4L80 to 4L60 style T-Case.
    Wiring for trans taken care of by a Speartech harness.
    TCM 4L80 swap file to T42 taken care of by Bryan Herter at PCMforless.

Hope this helps guys.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Advanced Tuner
    The tune needs the speedo related settings sorted out. Tire revs per mile arent matched.

Doors unlocking/locking sounds like spurious CAN messaging interfering with remote control doors.

You switched TCM's from a different platform right? It may have the same OS but that doesnt mean it will run a Silverado. It may even be using a different message set from a van compared to a Silverado.

So put the original TCM back . It ran cruise before right?

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Hey guys, after a long hard battle with the transmission swap to 4L80E on my 07 Silverado. Everything now functions as it should.

But I picked up a few incredibly strange problems. I have attached my a log file and tune.

The issues I'm having are:

1. When revved to 2500+rpm in park or neutral, the speedometer starts jumping around between 5 and 40 mph...... And the doors start locking and unlocking on their own???

2. When revved and let fall back to idle the truck just decides to retard timing out of it for no reason at an idle, and when you put your foot back in it, the timing doesn't advance, in fact it retards the timing even more with more throttle input to like try and sustain idle speed regardless of throttle position until finally you give it enough gas that the ECM decides to randomly give back the timing. This happens regardless of gear.

I'm at a total loss here with this truck, and it all happened as soon as I swapped in the TCM with a van calibration to re-enable the Cruise Control and Tow Haul mode.

The truck's WOT fueling has just gone to crap after this as well. WB sometimes shows 11.3:1 to 12.9:1? And I haven't even touched the MAF tables. Problems start to show up at frame 4754 on the log.

Hopefully you guys can make something of it, because I sure as hell can't.

Thanks,
    -Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by LSX378 View Post
    The tune needs the speedo related settings sorted out. Tire revs per mile arent matched.

Doors unlocking/locking sounds like spurious CAN messaging interfering with remote control doors.

You switched TCM's from a different platform right? It may have the same OS but that doesnt mean it will run a Silverado. It may even be using a different message set from a van compared to a Silverado.

So put the original TCM back . It ran cruise before right?
    Ok well I got the old TCM back with the other mismatching VIN cal, the timing issue was repaired and so was that with the speedo but my WOT fueling was still stupid lean. Got that fixed though. Anyways, the reason I had to go with another T42 TCM that had a Van 4L80E file is because the old one that's in it now made the truck loose cruise control and tow/haul mode and the availability to change shift points. It's a total PITA. thanks for replying though LSX378.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray