Thread: 99 vette timed out on the write

Tuner in Training

99 vette timed out on the write

I did a entire read on my stock 99 vette today. Everything went fine with that. I then went in the house and starting changing some stuff. I then went out to load it into the car. I did not do a write entire, I did the write calibration only. It was all going good till it stopped and said timed out. I have no aftermarket stuff in the car as stereo tv etc…. (so It shouldn’t be wiring issues like I’ve read on other peoples.)

I then waited a min or two and, hit the close button. When the computer said it timed out, the dash starting sending messages on the little screen, reduced power, fuel, service engine soon, etc…. I shut the key off and waited a min or two again and tried to start the car. All it did was turn over and not fire. It then started saying all the stuff on screen again..

After that I just let it be. What should I do next??? I think on the bottom of the editor screen I think I seen the vcm volts in the high 11’s… 11.9 or 11.8.
    And what’s the infolog?? If you need that please let me know how to get that.

Thanks for the help!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    When you try to write to the pcm now what error are you getting? A screenshot would be best.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    i dont remember exactily what it said...... i only tried it once.. i wanted to wait and see what u said.

so u want me to try it again...?? do i do a wrire entire or write calibration only??

Senior Tuner
    Write calibration only. Write entire erases boot section which could kill your VCM. Make sure your battery is @12v, and try low speed mode (uncheck high speed mode box).

Tuner in Training
    Will do.. Ill try it late tonight when im off work.
    thanks for the help!

Tuner in Training
    put battery charger on car all day. tried it this morning again and it worked. took it off high speed. thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!!