Thread: 2Bar SD AFR problem

Tuner

2Bar SD AFR problem

So i have the custom 2bar OS and i am having a hell of a time trying to tune the afr from the ve table. Any change i make to the ve table does nothing to the afr. It stays at 12.9. When i first start the car its at like 14 but then quickly drops to 12.9. I also can not get the dtc P0101 to set only 103. Don't know if that's my problem but i think not because i have it set in steady state mode. Not sure what I'm missing any help would be great.

Welcome to the club, have a similiar post below.

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    your DFCO is still enabled - it will be a problem when you start trying to drive around or dyno getting good data.

Dont understand what your asking in regard to the P0101

Not sure why you guys have issues with this...Ive never encountered this...im stumped to what your missing...
    Zero out your MAF curve just to ensure its not playing a part in this.
    Raise your Dynamic Enable to max -again for driving around when that time comes.
    Turn off your LTFT and reset them.

Is it just idle you are not seeing changes?

It just looks to me like you need to take out another -5% in the 35kpa 800-1000rpm area.

If you think the VE is not changing... why dont you try a flash with subtracting 5 rather than 5% and see...

Tuner
    I have never had a problem with this befor either. My question regarding the
    P0101 was does that dtc have to set in order for the car so fail the maf and go in to SD or will it fail with P0102 and or P0103. I have done all of the things that you suggested prior to posting. The only time i see a change in the way the car acts or in the afr is when is when i zero out the ve table it out in the real time tuning in the scanner. The car then dies. But even if i put 5 in the entire ve table, it still does not change the afr or the way it is running.

Turn off any and all MAF related items in your scanner in any screen, chart or histogram. Having the MAF will bring it back into the mix and ruin your tuning experience. Even if it's physically removed.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

I set the 101, 102, and 103 MAF DTC's to 3 no error reported. I have zeroed out the MAF and my problem SEEMS to be only it idle. My VE table is at 85-100 in the idle cells and it reads 16.0-16.1 (maxing out my NGK AFR WB), driving me crazy.

My WOT Dynamic Airflow is disabled, should it be enabled??

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    Ok here is the best example that i can provide. In the first log "idle at operating temp" Look at the afr. Then look at the second log "Idle at operating temp with ve change" in this on it has the same afr but i have 15 in all the cells on the ve table.

Tuner
    Ben if you have those set to no error reported then your car is not in SD mode they have to fail in order for the car to revert to SD mode

Tuner
    set them to 1 and un check the SES box

WHAT????
    Blaze what do you set yours too?
    I thought it failed it, but didn't send an error to the dash?

EDIT:
    You type faster than me, thanks

14 Gen 5 Viper

Tuner
    Nope, look at post #8. I would bet as soon as you do that it will cure your problem

Thanks Blaze, I was showing a rich 10-11 AFR upon start up. I owe you man.

Had to lower my VE table to 51 in the idle cells to achieve around 14.7-15.1.

14 Gen 5 Viper

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    I set the 101, 102, and 103 MAF DTC's to 3 no error reported. I have zeroed out the MAF and my problem SEEMS to be only it idle. My VE table is at 85-100 in the idle cells and it reads 16.0-16.1 (maxing out my NGK AFR WB), driving me crazy.

My WOT Dynamic Airflow is disabled, should it be enabled??
    what is strange is I looked at the FIRST posted tune by blazenstyle01, and 101,102, 103 were NOT set to 3- No error reported..
    they were set to what they were supposed to be... I must have missed Ben's file not showing this..
    I Flatline the MAF curve, set 101,102, 103 as stated above and fail freq to 0 and remove any MAF related, and MAP 1bar related items in the scanner... then your in SD and ready to rock.
    Last edited by smithers; 07-16-2011 at 03:29 PM.