Thread: Enable Cyl Air or TPS %

Senior Tuner

Question Enable Cyl Air or TPS %

Hey guys and a good Sunday morning to all!

Just messin' with the tune a bit this morning over some coffee and figured I would see what you guys are up too when it comes to enabling your PE modes. In my V-6 the Enable Cylinder Air is set to 0 from factory, making it rely on TPS%. I was thinking I would rather have it use Cylinder Air reported than TPS%.
    So, what Cyl Air are you guys aiming for if using that table at all? This is a cammed car if it makes any difference....

Advanced Tuner
    Nice find on you own.. Must have gotten a program working I take it?

Use both.. With a supercharged 6, the cylinder mass enable can be used to filter out conditions that you really don't need PE at low TP% levels if you have the TP% enable set low at low rpm ranges.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Senior Tuner
    I think I will try 45% and 100g to see how that feels. Ive got it at 55% tps right now but my MAF is getting into the 8K range at that point. I think that is a little high. Got a feeling it will have a little more grunt and be safer getting into PE around the 7K mark on the MAF scale. Pretty sure the 45% and 100g mark will make that happen. Was just curious as to what others are reporting that use both tables.

Advanced Tuner
    Cylinder mass will come out to about 400g/cyl + if you want to be hitting pe around 100 kpa MAP.. 100g/cyl is not much more then idle..

Remember, the conditions (TP% and Cylinder mass) both must be met to trigger PE..
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Senior Tuner
    The max the table can hold is 2.6 g/cyl though? What's up with that??
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
    The max the table can hold is 2.6 g/cyl though? What's up with that??
    g/cyl or mg/cyl?.. That is the question.

Normally the cylinder mas in the spark tables is in mg/cyl with a max of arround 1000 mg/cyl. That is 1 g/cyl.. So 2.6 g/cyl (2600 mg/cyl) is probably about 2.6x as high as the max you will ever see.

Odd if it is in g/cyl. Must be choice of whoever made that db update.

Senior Tuner
    Yea, its in g/cyl
    2000 Trans Am WS6