Thread: Calibrated success or The Tuning school??????

Tuner in Training

Exclamation Calibrated success or The Tuning school??????

what tuning training course is the best appropriate for not only the HP Tuners software but for general EFI tuning....???

Price is not a problem but i would like to know which learn at home course will give me the best information and would be the most useful in the long run. I already have gregs first dvd but he has a new 2011 release.

"Which one would you go for??????"

Greg banish 2011 or the tuning school~!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    Greg. He was an OEM calibrator. Period.

Tuner in Training
    The first dvd was great.....

Tuner in Training
    How much is the "Greg" course material? Link?

I am studying the Tuning School books now, and so far, they have been very helpful.

Tuner in Training
    250 but recently found out that his new DVD mostly covers efi live....wack!!!...
    But Like i said before the first DVD was great and that one I recommend.

@richmondz16- how is the tuning school packet???? Is it worth the buy. Does it come with DVDs or is it just books??? Your the first person I know has one. Your input is greatly appreciated.

Tuner in Training
    Search dvd-2 on summitracing.com

How good at tuning do you want to be? I can't make a comparison because I haven't been to both, but I will tell you that I have learned so much from Greg in his advanced class. Worth every penny.
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Tuner in Training
    ive never wanted to learn something so eagerly in my life!!! .....i want to be as good as i can possibly be. Ive asked tuner shops in my area for some kind of mentoring program or something with no success(i understand why). All i have is my knowledge i obtained through school and mechanical experience working as a crane mechaninc. I understand the EFI technology but the program and the different tables is kicking my ass. Ive had hpt for 2 weeks now but have spent more time on hpt forum and gregs dvd than anything else. just want to make the process quicker and less painful lol

Quote Originally Posted by jguev View Post
    ive never wanted to learn something so eagerly in my life!!! .....i want to be as good as i can possibly be. Ive asked tuner shops in my area for some kind of mentoring program or something with no success(i understand why). All i have is my knowledge i obtained through school and mechanical experience working as a crane mechaninc. I understand the EFI technology but the program and the different tables is kicking my ass. Ive had hpt for 2 weeks now but have spent more time on hpt forum and gregs dvd than anything else. just want to make the process quicker and less painful lol
    You will learn, don't worry too much about it.
    Search the forums for specific questions you have, don't trust the first answer you find, compare opinions, search differents boards.

Every book or DVD you buy has different information, different approaches for same things, so it's good to have as many as you can afford.

The thing that will teach you the most is practice and experience. So start with small steps, check everything before doing anything, backup all files, etc.

I'm a big fan of Greg's tutorials now! It gives you the absolute basics to advanced material in regards to PCM operations, parameters, functions, behaviors, limits, drawbacks and advantages of almost anything having to do with anything you can think of and a LOT of stuff you would never even think of or ever knew of..

< ----- Do it..........

It's honestly like taking a college course. It's taken me a while to get half way on his first book just because it's so jam packed with information.

I didn't know lambda from peak-and-hold when I started, but now, I'm comfortable enough to run a data log, make minor corrections and interpret some results. And I've only watched the first DVD and read about half of the first book... One more book and DVD to go and I should be all learned up about stuff with all this... The only thing left is experience, which there is only one way to obtain..............
    Last edited by Bayer-Z28; 08-26-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    2002 Z06 corvette. Heads cam. The usual.

Well shoot. I just bought the 2nd DVD to go with the first and it looks like it covers more EFI Live?
    2014 ZL1. Manual trans.

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gasser, 6 speed auto