Thread: How important is the ve tuning?

How important is the ve tuning?

i was wonder when using MAF does it have anything to do with the ve tables? or is ve just a "back up plan" in case of MAF failure? is it important to tune ve?

Quote Originally Posted by xblackxgtpx View Post
    i was wonder when using MAF does it have anything to do with the ve tables? or is ve just a "back up plan" in case of MAF failure? is it important to tune ve?

In most o.s. it uses a blend of maf and ve. You can run maf only but if you ever have a maf fail for what ever reason then you will wish you had tuned the ve.

We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    In most o.s. it uses a blend of maf and ve. You can run maf only but if you ever have a maf fail for what ever reason then you will wish you had tuned the ve.

When it comes to the V6 cars, most of them (short of the F-body v6) are MAF first and only. They fall back to the VE table in an MAF failure/DTC.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by bilemke View Post
    When it comes to the V6 cars, most of them (short of the F-body v6) are MAF first and only. They fall back to the VE table in an MAF failure/DTC.

As I stated..
    In most o.s.
    With not really knowing what is being tuned.. people post in the wrong section all the time and it was not in the post as to what was being tuned..

Advanced Tuner
    As I stated..

With not really knowing what is being tuned.. people post in the wrong section all the time and it was not in the post as to what was being tuned..
    Yeah, but it is not really a blend in most oses.. It is MAF and fallback to VE only on failure in most oses. There are a few v6 f-body oses that actually are using both MAF and VE at the same time during normal operation (what I would consider a "blend").. Just clarifying for the readers.
    97 Grand Prix GTP (not going to bother listing mods in detail) 1 messed up 97 PCM with about 30-50% of a 2003 calibration and parts of a few others.